Garage temp/humidity control

My son got a call tonight from one of his commercial customers who collects cars. Well it seems his garage at his home has no temperature or humidity control. If I understood right this is a fairly new garage and is 1400sf. So I was wondering if anyone has done a home garage for temp. and humidity control and how. It seems his biggest concern is humidity. My son will be going by next week and any input would be gratefully appreciated.

"Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

We supply a dehumidifier-Santa Fe that handle low temperatures like a garage. Suggest the SF Advance for 1,500 sqft. garage. thermastor.com
    If cooling is needed, use a mini-split. Regards TB
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

VCM, I have a 24x28 , 2 level Garage in Burlington with 2 hot rods. Its a 2x6 construction, 6 inch insul, having one entry door and 2 8" garage doors and no other windows to peek in. I run a 50,000 93% ducane gas furnace. One car is bare metal since last december. I have no problems with humidity as long as I keep the doors shut.
    In the summer I use a 12,000 wall unit if i'm working out there at night or weekends. I could really use a 3 bay shop as I now pay to store my 57 for the winters.

Remind Danny boy not to scratch them vehicles
    I'll be there when I get there and not a minute later

Quote Originally Posted by teddy bear View Post
    We supply a dehumidifier-Santa Fe that handle low temperatures like a garage. Suggest the SF Advance for 1,500 sqft. garage. thermastor.com
    If cooling is needed, use a mini-split. Regards TB

Thanks I will pass this along to my son...

"Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Quote Originally Posted by BURL-REF View Post
    VCM, I have a 24x28 , 2 level Garage in Burlington with 2 hot rods. Its a 2x6 construction, 6 inch insul, having one entry door and 2 8" garage doors and no other windows to peek in. I run a 50,000 93% ducane gas furnace. One car is bare metal since last december. I have no problems with humidity as long as I keep the doors shut.
    In the summer I use a 12,000 wall unit if i'm working out there at night or weekends. I could really use a 3 bay shop as I now pay to store my 57 for the winters.

Remind Danny boy not to scratch them vehicles
    Thanks for the reply...
    I think there are about six or seven cars, the least being about $150,000.00 so he better not. You know him, do I know you?

I know you, you know me, I know Dan, Dan knows me,

Keep thinking who I am, Charlie
    I'll be there when I get there and not a minute later