a Suspicious Nigerian E-Mail ???

saw this in the LA Times. looks dubious to me...watch your inbox carefully, this is currently making the rounds
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dear American:

I need to ask you to support an urgent secret business relationship with a transfer of funds of great magnitude.

I am Ministry of the Treasury of the Republic of America. My country has had crisis that has caused the need for large transfer of funds of 800 billion dollars US. If you would assist me in this transfer, it would be most profitable to you.

I am working with Mr. Phil Gram, lobbyist for UBS, who will be my replacement as Ministry of the Treasury in January. As a Senator, you may know him as the leader of the American banking deregulation movement in the 1990s. This transaction is 100% safe.

This is a matter of great urgency. We need a blank check. We need the funds as quickly as possible. We cannot directly transfer these funds in the names of our close friends because we are constantly under surveillance. My family lawyer advised me that I should look for a reliable and trustworthy person who will act as a next of kin so the funds can be transferred.

Please reply with all of your bank account, IRA and college fund account numbers and those of your children and grandchildren to wallstreetbailout@treasury.gov so that we may transfer your commission for this transaction. After I receive that information, I will respond with detailed information about safeguards that will be used to protect the funds.

Yours Faithfully Minister of Treasury
    Henry Paulson
    Last edited by HeyBob; 09-29-2008 at 05:43 AM. Reason: oops/hit wrong button

This is from Barack Hussein Obama's half brother
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by batdude View Post
    saw this in the LA Times. looks dubious to me...watch your inbox carefully, this is currently making the rounds
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dear American:

I need to ask you to support an urgent secret business relationship with a transfer of funds of great magnitude.

I am Ministry of the Treasury of the Republic of America. My country has had crisis that has caused the need for large transfer of funds of 800 billion dollars US. If you would assist me in this transfer, it would be most profitable to you.

I am working with Mr. Phil Gram, lobbyist for UBS, who will be my replacement as Ministry of the Treasury in January. As a Senator, you may know him as the leader of the American banking deregulation movement in the 1990s. This transaction is 100% safe.

This is a matter of great urgency. We need a blank check. We need the funds as quickly as possible. We cannot directly transfer these funds in the names of our close friends because we are constantly under surveillance. My family lawyer advised me that I should look for a reliable and trustworthy person who will act as a next of kin so the funds can be transferred.

Please reply with all of your bank account, IRA and college fund account numbers and those of your children and grandchildren to wallstreetbailout@treasury.gov so that we may transfer your commission for this transaction. After I receive that information, I will respond with detailed information about safeguards that will be used to protect the funds.

Yours Faithfully Minister of Treasury
    Henry Paulson

New twist huh? I got one yesterday from them wanting to know if I had been scammed, and if I had been they would help me, for a price of course!

Quote Originally Posted by HeyBob View Post
    New twist huh? I got one yesterday from them wanting to know if I had been scammed, and if I had been they would help me, for a price of course!
    That one is from the Clinton's. Since they are not going to president again, they needed to go a different business route.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    That one is from the Clinton's. Since they are not going to president again, they needed to go a different business route.
    Now that explains it all!

Ive got something on one of our home computers that when signing into ebay it takes you to a page that asks for all your personal and credit card info.

Cant get it off the computer either..... cant even do a system restore and get it off...

emailed ebay with the URl and have never heard back from them.

Funny thing is that none of my anti spyware picks it up....my trend microchillen stuff doesnt detect it....and when it changes to the page....you can see the flicker.. internet explorer shows it as a verified site....and doesnt pick it up as a phishing site.

Its an xp home computer and im thinking about wiping it and putting XP pro on it or linux.... I still take it on the net....just dont go anywhere where I need to give personal info with it.

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Ive got something on one of our home computers that when signing into ebay it takes you to a page that asks for all your personal and credit card info.

Cant get it off the computer either..... cant even do a system restore and get it off...

emailed ebay with the URl and have never heard back from them.

Funny thing is that none of my anti spyware picks it up....my trend microchillen stuff doesnt detect it....and when it changes to the page....you can see the flicker.. internet explorer shows it as a verified site....and doesnt pick it up as a phishing site.

Its an xp home computer and im thinking about wiping it and putting XP pro on it or linux.... I still take it on the net....just dont go anywhere where I need to give personal info with it.
    Ah shucks corny, I thought you liked getting "hosed" anyhow.

Miss your old buddies razor and ace? Razor won't be back at least for a while but what happened to ace? Kind of left you out here all by yourself holding down the court jester's job huh. Just kidding corny. Things are a little slow so I'm just messing with you a little so to speak.
    Last edited by glennac; 09-29-2008 at 11:24 PM.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater