Thread: TXV

TXV

I have a TXV to replace on a 20 ton york rooftop. I usually just replace all the parts from the new TXV and let the old body sit in place. Do you feel this is an ok practice or should I stop being lazy and just braze a new one in? I just havn't had any problems with the rebuild but now I am doubting whether or not this is the correct practice.

Usually(99.9%) the part that fails is the powerhead(loses it's gas, valve won't open).When handed a valve to replace I just gut the old one and throw the new body in my scrap bucket.Feel people replace txv's far to often.Have had the springs snap on freezers.To answer your question your fine just replacing the guts.

just as long as your replacing all functioning parts...alco bolt on valves are pretty nice

Leave the body, no problem. I agree many txv's are c/o unnecessarily, guess it's the first thing some people condemn.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

tx valves get condemned far too often. I had a guy condemn one on a 175 tonner last summer. It still hasn't been replaced and is working fine. He said it was bad because the coil was lightly icing up sometimes. Je was trying to run his unit at 46 degree leaving air temp. Set it back to 55 per design and problem went away.

I have had copper shavings get into the valve and jam the cage assembly not allowing the valve to open, but I think that is the only time I had to replace the whole valve. I just change the guts and powerhead, it has never come back to bite me yet!!!!

TXV

I HAVE CHANGED HUNDREDS OF SPORLAN OVE TYPE VALVES JUST THE HEAD.

NEVER HAD A PROBLEM
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!