Thread: FX -40 Setup

FX -40 Setup

I'm wondering how they setup the graphics / n2 devices together (is each point bound manually like tridium r2 ?) and is johnsons (tridium ) fx 40 package more "canned "than the standard tridium offering.I'm trying to learn off other sites and i'm wondering how time consuming a new site is to setup.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bobby m View Post
    I'm wondering how they setup the graphics / n2 devices together (is each point bound manually like tridium r2 ?) and is johnsons (tridium ) fx 40 package more "canned "than the standard tridium offering.I'm trying to learn off other sites and i'm wondering how time consuming a new site is to setup.

Thanks
    You can have individual graphics linked directly if you wish, but this takes alot more time and alot more resources of the FX.

Or you can create a template PX for a piece of equipment (lets say a VAV) create this with all points/images you can imagine that a VAV may ever need.
    Then set the view for that controller to your template VAV.PX. Then bring in your points (make sure they are named to match what you had in your PX) Once you get a standard naming convention and your facets, and baseline alarms, histories set the way you like. You can blow through 90% of your graphics and total setup on a job in no time flat.
    It takes time to get organized enough to become proficient and you will no doubt find cool things to do different from time to time. But once you get in a rhythm it is very fast.

Now the other 10% such as Chiller or boiler plants and floor plans and such are all pretty much unique every time. These will be where most of your time is spent.

Hope this helps.

Freddy

Thanks Freddy, you answered what i needed now i can study some more.