The big H does not pay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well it goes like this guys I got a bunch of stores I service with big H remote units and some self contained crap.Well a GVS---- dies so the owner said I want a new one.O.K. if you insist !! well close to 7 months later during defrost water pours all out on the floor and inside the unit .So it's under warranty so I call the Big H they say fix it and send us the bill ,wow that was easy !! So I find where the electrical sealtite passes through the evaporator pain the caulking has a big gap allowing water to leak down instead of going down the drain.Shut it down for a day pull it apart caulk it check drain all o.k. So today I get a deny on the warranty claim due to the fact the self contained unit was MFG. in 3-07 .I purchased it through The big H's distributor and took deliver on 2-08 .What the hell kind of crap are they trying to pull??? Does all the big H warranty stuff go this route??? I resent the delivery invoices and going to place a call to the distibutor on Mon. Rant over!! the Big H sux!!!
    Last edited by james264; 09-26-2008 at 07:53 PM.
    Would the last person to leave NJ please put out the lights

I have heard this from a lot of guys. Our shop will not deal with them. The repair is paid for by the customer. I have heard they are just terrible with warranty. And the hillarious thing is, they equipment is the biggest POS, terrible quality, assembled recklessly.

Most manufactures warranty’s run 12 months from start up or 18 months from shipment. Read the fine print.

I received a call from a local Vineyard. 6 month old Hussman GSVM leaking water. Didn’t notice anything major on the first trip (my gut said I’ll be back) on the second trip I opened the lower section. To my surprise, lying on top of the drain line is the owners manual in its plastic bag. Hussman tried collecting for 3 unnecessary warranty calls. Good luck.

BTW I got paid.

I'm getting paid the damn thing was leaking water on every defrost I found the caulk around where the sealtite for the electric passes through the evaporator pan leaking plus no hose clamp on the drain line suppose to be a "push on only "I installed a clamp because just opening the bottom compartment caused it to fall off .I guess like most of corporate america they try poking the stick in the dog's cage to see how much BS the will get away with until they finally pay .Sad to see the quality of the big H gone down hill ,now after Ingersol bought Trane they will be next . How's Masterbuilt??? seeing alot of it out there any issues ??
    Would the last person to leave NJ please put out the lights

man i hope, no pray that i.r. doesn't dog trane out. maybe they will bring hussman up to par. i'm not gonna bet on it.
    "When the people find they can vote themselves money,that will herald the end of the republic" - Benjamin Franklin

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force;like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action"- George Washington

I clearly tell customers that manufacturers warranties to me are worthless, unless past practices have shown me otherwise. If they want me to work on their system, they will pay and get the redit if and when the manufacturer pays. Thankfully, we stay away from this type of work for the most part.