Hybrid View

cleaning condensers

Has anybody got a good trick for blowing out condensers , espeacially on self contained units, where the dust is contained instead of blowing all over the kitchen or where ever you are? I use co2 and a wet towel over the back of the condenser but still it doesnt do an adequate job of containg the dust. A vacuume don't work either.Who out there has a good way. Also thanks to all for the help on the freezer. we are gaining, got er down and holding 8'.

Quote Originally Posted by hoofbeat View Post
    Has anybody got a good trick for blowing out condensers , espeacially on self contained units, where the dust is contained instead of blowing all over the kitchen or where ever you are? .

Nope,, gotta blow that dust all over. Only way.

Well, at home I use a small bottle brush. Then blow the heck out of it with my air compresser and tell the wife to cover anything she does'nt want covered in dust

PS, I tried a vacuum cleaner once,, but it took more than 5 mins, so I blew that sucker out!

The pharmacies I do, I use the brush, then nitro with a vacuum trying to suck the crap out of the air.

I didn't say it worked the best...but that's what I do.

Use a damp rag behind the condenser, then the dust will mostly cling to it.
    "Fighting Ignorance since 1973 (It’s taking longer than we thought)." The Straight Dope.

ummmm....

maybe I've lost my mind but I don't encounter these problems at all....
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

What I do -

Take a shop vac in and set the hose near the compressor and fan motor. Cover the whole unit, except for the condenser inlet, with a large wet towel or cotton tarp. Turn on the shop vac and blow out the condenser with 150 lb. nitrogen pressure.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by iraqveteran View Post
    maybe I've lost my mind
    I'm going with that.

cleaning condensers

I have used a product called blowout it is pretty expensive works good but has apretty bad smell.

mike r

I found the one that I currently use at harbor freight tools. I have seen them other places.

I tried making one, but didn't get the restriction right to create a venturi and created a mess when the co2 flow went into the bucket rather than into the condenser. WHOOPS!

Sorry, but I was using my BB earlier, here is a link to what I am talking about.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...temnumber=3953

I always use Viper coil cleaner comes in a can and then rise it out useing a water bottle works real good even on greese made for kitchens and food here is a link to what it looks like.

http://rtxs.com/xcart/product.php?pr...cat=112&page=1
    Last edited by canman13; 10-09-2008 at 04:38 PM.

nothing beats hot water ,nothing, i never used co2 inside have a great weekend stan
    Keep it simple to keep it cool!

Try this....
    Last edited by jpsmith1cm; 05-08-2012 at 05:59 AM. Reason: Removed link to advertising site.