Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What holds the A coil in place ??

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cvcman View Post
    I bought a roll of metal duct tape and started taping all the duct joints. I taped around the area where the a-coil is too.

What holds that A-Coil in there??

Also how would you ever know IF the drain got plugged and does it happen often ???

Thx
    The a-coil should be sitting on a flange or shelf inside the duct work. If the drain got plugged you will have water on the floor. Yes they plug up often if they have a trap. If your coil is mounted on your furnace which I think you said it was, it may not have a trap therefore may never plug up. If you are concerned about the drain find out where the end of the drainline is and suck it out with a wetvac or ask the service guy next time he is there to make sure he does. It should be part of his routine maintenance.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Post Likes
    Sounds like you have a cased coil and possibly a 90+ furnace?? Maybe? Is the coil in an actual plenum made from galvanized duct, or out of stamped and painted metal? The first would be uncased and the second choice is cased.
    Jim

Post Likes
    my coil is in the hot air plenum in the galvinized duct. I do have a hi eff furnace but they just removed my old oil furnace and didnt touch the coil and slid the new furnace under the plenum and transistioned down to it.

It never had a trap befor but they cut the pvc and it has a trap ouside the plenum now and then goes down to the floor drain. I also notice that past where they put in the trap ther is like a T fitting and the top of the T is open.

I can put my finger down in the top of the open T . So one side of the T has the line from the coil. then the top is open and the other side is the line going down to the floor.

Why id thsi open ?? It also is like this from the furnace the pvc comes out of the furnace to a upside down T and the top of the T is open ????

Post Likes
    There will be some kind of bracket that holds up the coil in there then. It might be screwed, or riveted, or they might have gotten creative when they installed it. At any rate, it might be a plate that has a hole in it for the air to pass, a couple pieces of brake angle. But like mentioned, it will be pitched towards the drain (if done properly) and it's suppose to have a trap in it. Not all people put traps in though, quite honestly, they clog.
    Jim

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tinmarine View Post
    There will be some kind of bracket that holds up the coil in there then. It might be screwed, or riveted, or they might have gotten creative when they installed it. At any rate, it might be a plate that has a hole in it for the air to pass, a couple pieces of brake angle. But like mentioned, it will be pitched towards the drain (if done properly) and it's suppose to have a trap in it. Not all people put traps in though, quite honestly, they clog.
    Hey homey, this guy is just shining you on...

Post Likes
    I may pop off that side plate and see what is holding it up. I know there was no clog in it before and probably isnt now because I can see water trickling down from the open top of the fitting.

Why is ther an open top ??? Also like I said I never had a trap before but do now. I guess I just want to be sure and clean this out every fall or whatever.

Thanks for the ideas

And hvaclover, do you have a problem ?? Just curious you seem to sit on the sidelines and offer nothing but wisecracks, just wondering. I would say if you have nothing POSITIVE to offer spare us the comments, thank you !

Post Likes
    I may pop off that side plate and see what is holding it up. I know there was no clog in it before and probably isnt now because I can see water trickling down from the open top of the fitting.

Why is ther an open top ??? Also like I said I never had a trap before but do now. I guess I just want to be sure and clean this out every fall or whatever.

Thanks for the ideas

And hvaclover, do you have a problem ?? Just curious you seem to sit on the sidelines and offer nothing but wisecracks, just wondering. I would say if you have nothing POSITIVE to offer spare us the comments, thank you !
    I'm sorry but I am having a hard time taking you seriously, some of your question just don't ring honestly with me, not your fault I guess, it's just they have a groupie quality to them.

i don't want to hurt your feelings but it seems you are just asking question for the sake only of being heard.

Post Likes
    I too noticed that where the drain comes out of the coil there is another threaded connection coming out just to the left and slightly above this one that has a red plug in it, is this like an overflow for the drain pan ???

Should this be plugged off like this ??

Post Likes
    Why not just Google what you want to know?

Three pages on how an evap is mounted and drains could have been wraped up in less than one page. What is it you don't get?

Post Likes
    dude havent you ever heard of super glue

Post Likes
    duct tape

Post Likes
    hvaclover, I dont get why you dont have anything better to do than break my chops, thats what I dont get. Again if im asking too many questions for you please by all means quit reading the posts, its really that easy, I think even you can understand that.

Your right it could have been wrapped up in less than 3 pages IF you remove all the wise cracks yours included

Now really dont you have a better post to bother someone on ?? I thought this was a residential page

Post Likes
    hvaclover, I dont get why you dont have anything better to do than break my chops, thats what I dont get. Again if im asking too many questions for you please by all means quit reading the posts, its really that easy, I think even you can understand that.

Your right it could have been wrapped up in less than 3 pages IF you remove all the wise cracks yours included

Now really dont you have a better post to bother someone on ?? I thought this was a residential page
    I caught the dog!!!!!

Post Likes

hey, why you blaming me? There are more post poking fun at you and I didn't write them.

Post Likes
    Birds of a feather, its good this site has real pro members like beenthere, baldlounie,twilli etc, ones that help people that are trying to learn not small minded sideline wise guys.

Post Likes
    Birds of a feather, its good this site has real pro members like beenthere, baldlounie,twilli etc, ones that help people that are trying to learn not small minded sideline wise guys.
    Thats why we pay them

Post Likes
    Well yeah, but none of them answered your qustions. Sometimes it's just best to be selective about what question to answer and if they merit attention. I am sure you feel you are asking a solid question and I hope you got the answer you were seeking.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RDP View Post
    I caught the dog!!!!!
    So your done holdin your bone???
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Post Likes
    what about me and RDP???

we aren't good enough for you???
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Post Likes
    I did get the answers from a few members via e-mail who didnt want to get caught up in your childlike games. Hope someday you need help and get some stupid comments when you ask a so called pro.

Remember what goes around.....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in