Results 1 to 11 of 11

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    NorthEast
    Posts
    811

    Andover Infinity and N2

    I have an Andover Infinity CX9200, (circa 1998) it has 10 VAV's tied into
    its 2 wire bus.
    It is set for 10Base-t
    I want to connect the Infinity into an N2 bus.
    The end result will be to monitor and change the Infinity's points,
    using a P.C tied into an FX-40
    What type of reasonably priced converter and software can I use?

    Thank You
    Steve

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    12

    AX Driver for Infinity

    There is an AX Infinity driver.

    From Infinity Driver eng"g guide:

    Compatibility
    Tested Versions
    The Andover Infinity driver was developed against the following two Infinity systems:
    1) CMX-240, firmware version 1.4
    a. SCX920, firmware version 1.31
    b. LCX800, firmware version 2.16
    2) Continuum NetController CPU-4M
    a. TCX867,
    b. TCX840,
    c. LCX800, firmware version 2.16
    The Andover Infinity driver has been field tested against the following Infinity systems:
    1) CMX-246, firmware version 2.16
    2) CX-9200 (firmware version unknown)
    Platforms
    The ANDOVER INFINITY driver will function on all NiagaraAX platforms that support serial RS-232 communications. NiagaraAX-3.2 or higher is required.
    Mapping of Infinity Points to Proxy Extensions
    The Andover Infinity driver allows the creation of any of the following ControlPoint/ InfinityProxyExt combinations:
    − NumericPoint with InfinityProxyExt
    − NumericWritable with InfinityProxyExt
    − BooleanPoint with InfinityProxyExt
    − BooleanWritable with InfinityProxyExt
    − StringPoint with InfinityProxyExt
    − StringWritable with InfinityProxyExt
    − EnumPoint with InfinityProxyExt
    − EnumWritable with InfinityProxyExt

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NW Ohio
    Posts
    949
    Quote Originally Posted by ntrg8 View Post
    There is an AX Infinity driver.

    From Infinity Driver eng"g guide:

    Compatibility
    Tested Versions
    The Andover Infinity driver was developed against the following two Infinity systems:
    1) CMX-240, firmware version 1.4
    a. SCX920, firmware version 1.31
    b. LCX800, firmware version 2.16
    2) Continuum NetController CPU-4M
    a. TCX867,
    b. TCX840,
    c. LCX800, firmware version 2.16
    The Andover Infinity driver has been field tested against the following Infinity systems:
    1) CMX-246, firmware version 2.16
    2) CX-9200 (firmware version unknown)
    Platforms
    The ANDOVER INFINITY driver will function on all NiagaraAX platforms that support serial RS-232 communications. NiagaraAX-3.2 or higher is required.
    Mapping of Infinity Points to Proxy Extensions
    The Andover Infinity driver allows the creation of any of the following ControlPoint/ InfinityProxyExt combinations:
    − NumericPoint with InfinityProxyExt
    − NumericWritable with InfinityProxyExt
    − BooleanPoint with InfinityProxyExt
    − BooleanWritable with InfinityProxyExt
    − StringPoint with InfinityProxyExt
    − StringWritable with InfinityProxyExt
    − EnumPoint with InfinityProxyExt
    − EnumWritable with InfinityProxyExt
    True but, I don't think that the driver is available in the FX line.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    12
    If your distributor also handles Vykon (and possibly WEBs) you should be able to arrange to get it licensed.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by ntrg8 View Post
    If your distributor also handles Vykon (and possibly WEBs) you should be able to arrange to get it licensed.
    This command line solution looks pretty lame, This driver is not really a driver in the sense that you can take over the system with a JACE. The CX's would have to remain, and the Cyberstation would really need to stay unless you wanted to serial connect to the CX's or use the LT service tool , if you really wanted to fumble around that way when you do anything important.

    Its a window..with limited functionality...and nothing more.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    NorthEast
    Posts
    811
    Everything is going to remain where it is.
    I was hoping to be able to connect the cx with possibly a serial connection
    to the FX-40
    Through FX server,I am only interested in mointoring points ,adjusting a couple of setpoints
    and maybee able to overide some points.
    Can this be done with the driver?
    I have not called Johnson yet,do they make a driver for this?
    Thank you

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Taxachuesetts
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by cleancondenser View Post
    I have an Andover Infinity CX9200, (circa 1998) it has 10 VAV's tied into its 2 wire bus.
    All that work for 10 VAV boxes! If this is an account you have taken over, just change out the controllers to N2. Sounds like the CX is stand alone using Hyper-terminal to access the VT-100 interface. Just pray you don't have reload the beast when it loses memory.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by krac View Post
    All that work for 10 VAV boxes! If this is an account you have taken over, just change out the controllers to N2. Sounds like the CX is stand alone using Hyper-terminal to access the VT-100 interface. Just pray you don't have reload the beast when it loses memory.
    Excellent point.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    NorthEast
    Posts
    811
    We are not a large company,far from a Fortune 100 company.

    We are very competative and deliver very good bids and very good work.
    We are a happy company with happy employees.
    Our accounts ,many of whom we have had for a long time, have chosen us over
    many of the larger Fortune 100 companies.
    Our accounts include some of the larger banks and hospitals
    We are very sensitive to our clients budgets.
    11 VMA's plus a couple of AHU controllers, at this time they do not have it in their budget.
    They have no problems with the Infinity NCM
    We then go to plan B and Plan C if needed.
    This is mute because Tridium said they no longer produce or license
    the Infinity driver, so it may be back to Plan C.

  10. #10
    This is an older thread, but a topic I would like to get information on. In 2012 Johnson does license the driver for the FX line. Sorry if I should have started a new thread.

    We have an Andover Continuum Net Controller (not Net Controller II). We have the driver guide as well, that seems to be tghe source of the reference in post #2. Howevere there is no source I can find on how to conect the CPU-4M to the FX-60. Any help? Thanks.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event