Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 16 SEER Pricing

16 SEER Pricing

On behalf of a client am trying to price the cheapest 16 SEER R-410A Heat Pumps on the market (purchase of several hundred units). Anything out there under $Pricing Removed!? (2-3 tons)
    Last edited by HeyBob; 09-24-2008 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Pricing

Welcome to HVAC-Talk. Please review the rules, there is a link in my signature line.

There is also a link to apply for "Professional Membership" and gain access to the Pro forums where you can ask questions such as this.

There are reasons we have no pricing etc in the "Open" forums!

Thanks!

I should lock this, but maybe, someone here can help you. If there is any pricing, links to other sites it will have to be closed or deleted, thanks for your cooperation!

Thanks for your understanding. If anyone can provide help on cost-effective ways to purchase a bulk amount of 16 SEER heat pumps within the rules of the forum, it would be much appreciated.

Ok, put some info in your profile so we know whether you are in Pennsyltucky or Kailfornia!

You see there is a guy here that goes by RoBoTeq, if he is close you may be able to hook up with him and make some kind of deal............I'll make sure he knows about this thread.

But you are going to need to get 15 posts, apply for Professional Membership so we know who you are and teach you the secret handshake!

Quote Originally Posted by barmstrong View Post
    Thanks for your understanding. If anyone can provide help on cost-effective ways to purchase a bulk amount of 16 SEER heat pumps within the rules of the forum, it would be much appreciated.
    RoBoteq has a message re' this thread. Ya never know, he just may be your man!

I am outta here for a few hours!

Many vendors will give their contractors special pricing for large lots such as this. Do you have any other requirements other than cheap? If not, do you have a contractor in mind? You may be able to go direct to a vendor for example and designate the project and just have them prepare a quote to qualified bidders. For example, hey so and so, we are building a housing tract with x amount of units. We would like to flat spec your equipment, and for doing this we would like special pricing provided to our contractors who are qualified to bid this project. In many cases they would likely work with you. The ability to sell a large quantity of units like any other product can be beneficial to the bottom line. Prepare your bid documents informing your contractos of the scenario, and see if they are willing to work with you in this regard. They still need to be able to mark up the equipment though, otherwise who would work with you but a hack? There are things like handling and warranty to consider. Don't be such a cheap A** as to scare people away.

That would be a bulk/volume, pricing, that can only come from the manufacturer, and your local distributor.

Last large order I was involved in. Well, the price really drops when your purchasing more then 200 units at one time.

Robo, may have a contact in your area.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

barmstrong, I am but one of several wholesale reps on this site. It would be best for us to speak by phone. I can be reached at 610-342-6122 between 7:00am and 9:00pm.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Cheap and 16 SEER generally don't go in the same sentence. Most of the 16 SEER equipment that I've seen is 2-stage on the cooling mode and 3 stage on heating which requires that the person installing them knows what going on and a more expensive multi-stage thermostat as well. Just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by Chozn1 View Post
    Cheap and 16 SEER generally don't go in the same sentence. Most of the 16 SEER equipment that I've seen is 2-stage on the cooling mode and 3 stage on heating which requires that the person installing them knows what going on and a more expensive multi-stage thermostat as well. Just saying...
    When you purchase several hundred of something at one time. Or POed to one job. The price really drops.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    When you purchase several hundred of something at one time. Or POed to one job. The price really drops.
    Agreed. Kudo's to whoever chose to go with the high SEER rating.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    barmstrong, I am but one of several wholesale reps on this site. It would be best for us to speak by phone. I can be reached at 610-342-6122 between 7:00am and 9:00pm.
    Hey Robo, will you accept collect crank calls?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast