Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does anyone have Lonspec 5.1.0 ???

I need to know if version 5.1 work with Xif files, so I can read variables form other manufacturers equipment.

In the PDF file of the products says Compatible with "LONMARK® (third party) devices that meet standard profiles with XIF files"

http://customer.honeywell.com/honeyw...ratureDownload

But I'm not sure it will work reading variables from a Trane LCI-R module.
    Last edited by corpotech; 09-24-2008 at 05:00 PM.

AFAIK, Lonspec is sold to smaller contractors selling under the LCBS umbrella.(Light Commercial Building Solutions)
    I didn't even know it supported third party devices.
    From past experience using CARE and the LCI-I module, it was a pain to setup. Just curious, are you the end-user / building owner looking for a replacement for Trane front-end system?

Quote Originally Posted by corpotech View Post
    I need to know if version 5.1 work with Xif files, so I can read variables form other manufacturers equipment.

In the PDF file of the products says Compatible with "LONMARK® (third party) devices that meet standard profiles with XIF files"

http://customer.honeywell.com/honeyw...ratureDownload

But I'm not sure it will work reading variables from a Trane LCI-R module.

Like you said I work for a small contractor, but I have an older version of lonspec 4.3 and I not sure if buying ver 5.1 would solve my problems.

Just reading third party devices, no need to control only reading.

Do you have Ver 5.1 can you check that for me ???

Sorry, I have version 4.03.02 as well.
    The LCI-I interface is lonmark certified. You can download the latest xif files from here:
    http://www.lonmark.org/certification...?ProductID=939

lonspec can only be used with honeywell xl10 controllers. Lon Station is the front end software for lcbs. it ,supposedly, can integrate 3rd party devices.

i haven't done it but i am sure the results will be disapointing.

i believe a member here ,lwarren, has done some 3rd party integration with lonstation. maybe he will chime in.

you should probably go in a different direction.
    IV IV IX

use your head for something other than a hat rack.......Gerry

I have Lonspec and Station 5. Lonspec will not program other controllers. Lonstation will see open controllers to put them on graphics etc. Lonstation 4 and maybe 3 also did it I think.

I have done one Lonstation job with an integration to a Trane Intellipac, that either had an LCI-I or LCI - DAC. It was not to difficult to get working and I was able to monitor the points I needed and write to setpoints. I eventually ripped this out and went with AX.

I am not a big fan of Lonspec or Lonstation. If you have a valid XIF file you should be able to install Lonstation on a PC with a Lon card and make it work.

But as vice said you are not going to get it into Lonspec unless they have changed something that I am not aware of.
    Go Rangers!

OK, I know that lonspec only control Honeywell devices and Lonstation is not the issue here only lonspec Ver 5.1.0

For IWANTMORE:

About Lonspec and only lonspec can i add a third party device to the grid or use a remote variable from this devices.

Name:  ex2.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  79.7 KB
    The third party device is recognized as unknown

Name:  ex1.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  51.1 KB
    Because of that is not appearing in the remote variables

Could I solve this problem with ver 5.1 ???

For IWARREN:

I have a valid Xif file for the card but i need to read the variables from a XL-15 controller, I need this to work without a computer.

Tell me more about AX ???
    Last edited by corpotech; 09-26-2008 at 11:55 AM.

AX is Tridium which is now owned by Honeywell. You have probably heard of a Jace, this is what I replaced the old system with. The Jace is a web controller that allows multi protocol integration.
    Go Rangers!

About Lonspec and only lonspec can i add a third party device to the grid or use a remote variable from this devices. = no

Quote Originally Posted by corpotech View Post
    OK, I know that lonspec only control Honeywell devices and Lonstation is not the issue here only lonspec Ver 5.1.0

For IWANTMORE:

About Lonspec and only lonspeccan i add a third party device to the grid or use a remote variable from this devices.
    if you don't like the responses you have recieved here , call your distributor. He can set up a TAC case. Honeywell support can answer your questions.
    IV IV IX

use your head for something other than a hat rack.......Gerry

well, thanks for all your answers.

Honeywell support rarely works for me...

I see what you read, but I don't think it is possible. I have ver 5.01.01 and I cannot find anything in it to add a third party device.

If you have access to the Honeywell Buildings Forum I would post this there.
    Go Rangers!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast