Carrier Infinity Controller Question

Hello,

I have decided to go with the Carrier Infinity 96 furnace for my home. In future when fund are available I plan to get a VanEE Gold 2001 ERV and have heard that in order to integrate the controls of the ventilator to the Infinity Controller I need to get the Network Interface Module (NIM).

My question is; is the NIM an add-on component that is installed or configure to the Infinity Controller or is this NIM a different Infinity controller separate from the standard controller?

I am hoping it is the former so I can add the module when I get the ERV at the same time.

The NIM is an add-on component. It was designed to add a non-communicating peripheral to the Infinity System.

Sounds to me like I will get the base Infinity controller and get the NIM later!

Does any one know if I will still get the same options to control the VanEE ERV when interfacing with the Infinity Controller ie: (Low-High Fan speed, 20 mins On - 40 mins off, humidity control) or will the options be generic like the ERV only operates when the furnace operates?

I think I am thinking too deep into this. I just want to make sure I know what to expect before investing in this ERV and want to be able to use most of the features.

Anyone know the answer to this before i purchase the ERV:

Will I still get the same options to control the VanEE ERV when interfacing with the Infinity Controller ie: (controlling the Low-High Fan speed, 20 mins On - 40 mins off, humidity control) or will the options be generic like the ERV will only operate when the furnace blower is on?

Thanks!

I haven't interfaced one myself but the Installation manual of the Infinity controller does mention Off, Low and High fan speeds for the HRV. But even then, I'm not sure how it determines the speed, whether based on fan coil speed, humidity level, or what. So this is a bump for both of us.