Thread: Novar problem

Novar problem

I was hoping for some help with a few Novar questions. I have been having to service a new client with Novar controls system and even though I am familiar with many others it seems to have stumped me many times in the last week or so!

I have two programs to use. ISCOPE and ESS32. From the facilites front end computer using graphics in ISCOPE I have a space temp sensor reading a unaccurate 46 degress. However, If I access this same module with ESS32 I read a correct 72 degrees from the same IOM input number 6 on the modules board.

Could this be a problem with not having the two programs on the same page so to speak? I have thought about using the " Automatic Comparator " under the system menu to search for any dissimilar value. Any suggestions?

Iscope and ess32 both use the same database file, it is not a database issue.
    Iscope graphics most likely have the points mapped wrong, try going into "Open Sys" and finding the input in question there?

Automatic Comparator is used to check a database against another revision of that database to shoe you the differences in the programming, I dont think that will help you much

I looks like to me that the graphical screen is pointed to the correct point. It reads as "IOI input number 6" on both the graphical screen, all of ISCOPE, and ESS32. I have disconnected that input number on the module board and my reading in ESS32 reacts but ISCOPE stays at 43 degrees.

Is there any way to override the temp sensor to a fixed value?

I dont think you can override inputs... only outputs however I may be wrong, its been a while since I sat down in front of Novar.
    If you can, it would be in Iscope,Open System, module directory, what ever module, then inputs.

Iscope lags pretty bad sometime, are you sure it just hasnt refresh?

Also check to see if there is any NCL running, it "could" be possible that something is going on there.

If this is a lingo system, try power cycling the lingo and then giving it 15 minutes to catch up, Ive seen them do crazy stuff before and that generally does the trick.

This is a savvy31 module. Would that be a " lingo " componet? The other values displayed on the service laptop's ISCOPE program fluxuates, so I know at least those have been refreshed. Also, They have ISCOPE installed on another work station, which is their front-end computer and it reads the space temp as 40 degrees as well. I probably won't be able to make it by today, but tommorw I will try power cycling the module. Thanks for the tip!