+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WEB201 direct connection

Post Likes

WEB201 direct connection

We've got a building with a Honeywell AX system controlling an AHU. Our IT department is dragging their feet about getting a network drop to the device..I've connected to the WEB201 directly using a network cable from my laptop before, but apparently I've forgotten how to set the connection up thru my network connections.

I know the IP of the WEB201, but how do set up the IP setting in the network connection?

Post Likes
    For starters, if you are connecting directly from your laptop you will need a crossover cable.

If you know the IP of the device then set your local area network connection to an IP in the same range as the device.
    Go Rangers!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lwarren View Post
    For starters, if you are connecting directly from your laptop you will need a crossover cable.

If you know the IP of the device then set your local area network connection to an IP in the same range as the device.
    I am using a crossover cable.

IP of WEB201 is 192.168.1.120 (the default IP until our IT guys assign it a permanent IP)

Under the 'Use the Following IP address:' menu on my network connection, I have for IP address "192.168.1.122", subnet mask "255.255.255.0", and nothing for default gateway. Also have no DNS server addresses.

I thought that this setup worked last time I looked at this controller, but obviously not. What am I doing wrong?

Post Likes
    On a direct connect you will need to set your TCP/IP settings on your Lappy to a fixed value

Post Likes
    Sorry, looks like Lane has covered this already, loooong day.....

Perhaps, go in through the shell mode and confirm your IP settings?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Worthingt View Post
    Sorry, looks like Lane has covered this already, loooong day.....

Perhaps, go in through the shell mode and confirm your IP settings?
    shell mode?? sounds like i'm really lost!

I did do ip config and verified my IP settings on my laptop. I also tried to ping the 201, no luck.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by USMfiz View Post
    shell mode?? sounds like i'm really lost!

I did do ip config and verified my IP settings on my laptop. I also tried to ping the 201, no luck.
    Are you sure your connecting to the same port?? The 201 has a primary and secondary ethernet port each with separate IP settings.

Post Likes
    Top center of WB is the help drop down, select that, then help contents.

One that pops up, select search, type in "shell mode"

This will give you step by step instructions, far better then I can type out here,,, don't worry its simple, even I can do it

This shell mode is kinda like a serial connection backdoor in to your Jace, where you can recover things like your IP setup, passwords, etc

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ddcfreek View Post
    Are you sure your connecting to the same port?? The 201 has a primary and secondary ethernet port each with separate IP settings.
    Well now I forgot about that one, as well as is it plugged in all the way??

Both too funny when it does happen to be just that

Post Likes
    Well now I forgot about that one, as well as is it plugged in all the way??

Both too funny when it does happen to be just that
    It's caught me stupid before, especially when sometimes the ports are to the left or right or what ever. Hard to remember which is what and the cover is a pain to take off when you have ndio...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ddcfreek View Post
    Yes, I am connecting to the primary port. Cable is plugged in all the way. The cable is known good, i use it all the time connecting to other sites (summits).

I do know for fact that I've accessed this controller with this IP before, just with my old laptop.

I don't have WB

For this job, WB was only installed on the primary workstation (in the office), we dont have it on my service laptop. I'm not that lucky!!

Any more ideas? Maybe try resetting the controller? For what its worth, this thing has not been accessed in several months.

Post Likes
    Well,,,,

I would like to say it has never caught me stooooopid, but I would be lying

It's just been awhile

Post Likes
    Well, it is a 201, so depending upon what you have on there, you may her locked up or something?

Try a hard reboot, pop the cover, left side is the battery, pull that plug, then pull the power,,,,,,,, count to IDK 5 or something, lol, plug the battery back in, then the main power,,,,, being that its a 201 go smoke 5 cigarettes, try again

I am assuming at this point there is a problem??

Crap,,,, one more thingy here............

Since your going in under a browser do this,,,,,,,,

go to C>documents and settings>whatever user and delete the "Niagara" folder, this is where your web applets are stored, dont worry this will come back once you reconnect, kinda like cookies....

try this first

Post Likes
    Well, it is a 201, so depending upon what you have on there, you may her locked up or something?

Try a hard reboot, pop the cover, left side is the battery, pull that plug, then pull the power,,,,,,,, count to IDK 5 or something, lol, plug the battery back in, then the main power,,,,, being that its a 201 go smoke 5 cigarettes, try again

I am assuming at this point there is a problem??

Crap,,,, one more thingy here............

Since your going in under a browser do this,,,,,,,,

go to C>documents and settings>whatever user and delete the "Niagara" folder, this is where your web applets are stored, dont worry this will come back once you reconnect, kinda like cookies....

try this first
    Thanks for the help! I'll try that first thing in the morning. It's always had some problems.

If anyone has more ideas, I'm all ears!

Oh, and for what it's worth, our other Honeywell 201 system (it's accessible over the web) works fine on my laptop, as does all our Johnson FX and Metasys sites, and even our Summit (and old Tracer 100 sites..)

Post Likes
    The web applet is a known bug that pops up, definitely try that deleting that folder first

I am off to beddy bye now, sorry for the piss poor advise, but its all my brain has left over presently and its valid advise.

I am working on an Army data center and they have me starting at 4am on Monday and signing off at Sunday evening sometime

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in