why can a direct vent terminate closer than a non direct vent

reading my instructions... I have a single pipe system ( yea I know ) and they have the vent goin out my South facing wall. It terminates about 4 ft from an inside corner and about 4ft from a door going into a seasonal porch that is closed off from the main house.

It also is about 12" from an entry door into my garage. The book says that
    12" is ok for direct vent, why would this be different than non direct ??

Is this vent being near my garage door a problem ( 12" away ) a problem ??

I like to think the installer company knows what they are doing. Are they worried about Co blowin back into the door ?

I dont have alot of options for termination areas other than going up thru unused chimney but they said they dont like to do that

1 pipe systems create a negative pressure in the house so I would guess they are more concerned about leakage around the flue termination than they would be with direct vent.

Bald; how big an issue do you think it is with my exhaust being a foot away from my garage door ( rear entry door)

My house was built in the 50's and while it is fairly well insullated in the attic the walls are not and im sure it is not an air tight home .

It would seem that the small amt of pressure wouldnt be a problem but what do YOU think ??

My furnace is in a 1200 sf basement. Again Im positive my garage is NOT air tight

Again is there a large amy of Co in that exhaust ?

Thank you

CO is CO weather it's alittle or alot and it will kill you just the same, If there's a better place to vent this regards of where it goes even if it's out in plain view from the street and you didn't want it there for estetic reasons I would vent it to a safer location if it were me. If you had a unused chimney why didn't you insist they use that which IMO would have been a better option and you would not have any issues with it interferring with door's, windows, or other esstetic issues you may have had.

Dan, well thanks for the response BUT a small amt of Co will not kill you the same as a large amt, sorry but thats just not so. If it were everyone with gas ranges, unveted gas fireplaces etc would be dead because they do emit a small amt of Co.inside the home and they are NOT vented.

But I get your point.

I didnt go up the chimney because the installer said there is issues with that also and they felt the garage termination site would be fine. I could have also went out the front of the house but in the winter the wind blows against taht area all the time and they felt that wouldn't be the best either.

They did say IF down the road I was not happy they would move it but they still felt it would be fine where it is. I am just paranoid I guess. IF I had a modern airtight house where negitive pressure could effect the vent near the door that may be another issue.

I would still like to know how much Co comes out of these furnaces. A Pro member here told me you could vent this furnace in the basement and it would not set off a Co detector due to the very small amt emmitted. He said DO NOT try it but...

A poorly adjusted one may be 100 PPM.
    An average adjusted one might be 36 PPM.

Of course, if you had your window open for some strange reason while running your furnace. And the air started to blow it in. It would also being blowing in fresh air, further diluting the CO PPM.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

FYI guys.

OP's second thread with the same questions.

well not the same orignal ? but I got lost

If you want questions answered you will get all the help you need here.

But a word of advice don't double post.

i see you have a couple hundred posts, but I can't help but smell something fishy about you running two threads at once.

Coming pretty close to trolling.

Lol well no troll here sorry. It really wasn't intended as a "double post" it did however get to that point. Thanks for your insight but dont try and read into things so much and think someone is "trolling"