Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by JKopp View Post
    If you look at your install instructions for this furnace you speak of (installers should have left it with you the homeowner). The manufacturer allows side wall vent termination's with clearances listed to items such as windows, doors and overhangs.

If it is burning properly your CO level would be around 2 to 8% PPM (parts per million). There is other stuff in what we call “products of combustion”. Mostly it’s water. Did you know if you burn a 100K BTU furnace for 1 hr it will make 1 gal of water (H2O). The high efficiency units have a condensate drain to drain off some of this water. Some of it escapes out the flue pipe, that is why it has to slope back to the furnace so water inside the pipe can drain back.

80% AFUE furnaces also make 1 gal of water per 100K BTU’s in one hr. They are designed to vent 100% of this water out the flue pipe in the form of water vapor. So the 80% models keep the flue gases above due point until they exit to the outside. Sometimes when it’s cold you can see water vapor coming from these vent pipes too.

Hope this answers your questions.
    Te epay o kirios?

I see it says 4 ft from a window or door. I am about 41" from one door and a foot from the other. the one im a foot from is in the garage so I think that is why the installer said it would be fine.

Do you think I should make them come and move it ?? Again my house is far from airtight so im sure its not going to cause negitive pressure and suck fumes in thru the door.. The door does seal pretty tight and has a storm too.

Also where my condensate drains in my cellar drain if this is so corrosive wont it eat the cast iron drain pipe ??

If you fear that you have CO Leaking in the house get a couple of CO detectors

Around here our Inspectors would not pass your installation. It does not meet the installation instruction requirements.

Didn't this replace another furnace? Maybe they could run the ABS or PVC flue pipe up the original flue.

Personally I think the roof top termination is best. Codes also dictate a mim. 10' distance from prop. line for terminations such as this.

I don't think having it drain into cast iron is a good idea but again you are going to have to review the inst. to see if they discussed this.

If the water gets diluted with other water such as a/c condensate it is not so bad however in the winter months the a/c is not running. Can mix and be ok if it were a wet trap such as a sink that is used daily then I would not worry about it. Doesn't sound good in your case if this is the only thing draining there.

Lennox 90%+ FAU Inst state: Do not use copper tubing or existing copper condensate lines for drain line.

My drain is PVC from the AC and the new furnace they are tied together.

It drains in a cast iron floor drain that goes into the sewer system. It is a trapped drain I beleive and a basement sink drains into it with dehumidifier too so I would think it would be diluted.

Where do MOST drain their furnaces ?? I have seen them just drain thru a hole in the floor

I have Co detectors thanks. Now I have to wonder IF the furnace condensate will rot or hurt my cast iron floor drain...Man these furnaces seem to have more issues than my old oil furnace.

So if you know for sure let me know if this will hurt my drain pipe...If so what can be doen. Is there any type of filter or media it can run thru ??

Thanks, this new style furnace is all brand new to us and I appreciate all the help and insight here

most of the instructions I have read online say that the exhaust when run in 2" pvc should terminate at 1-1/2 I have never seen one do this .

All my neighbors have 2" and theirs terminate at 2"..... I guess I need to quit reading lol

termination

Does the vent pipe extend 8" from the wall? Or does it just have an ell on it?
    What was I thinking??? I never do that again!!!

its just a 45 or el

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12