RNI and FTP connection to iLON 100e3

I put in a request to our IT department to open up ports 21 and 1628 on the firewall so I could set up an RNI and FTP connection to the ilon. They finally got back to me and said these ports are open by default but I still can't get the connections to work. I already have an FTP and RNI set up on the inside of the firewall and everything works fine so apart from a different IP address is any of the settings different? Do I need a separate port for each connection?

I need to be sure I have everything correct before I go back to IT.

and 1629

How are they giving you access through the firewall? I recently had a problem with a client that is similar to yours. For those on the network there was no problem accessing the iLon but for my connection that they called a 'web portal' I could not connect. I could access the main index page but was unable to access any data on the web pages. They changed my access to a Cisco VPN and I haven't had any problems since.
    I think there is some issue with some firewalls passing SOAP calls through certain portals. Not really sure though.

Are you sure that they are forwarding your calls on these ports to the ilon? there is a difference between open and forwarded. If you are using the external ip address to reach the building, then you need the ports forwarded to the ilon.
    "Profit is not the legitimate purpose of business. The legitimate purpose of business is to provide a product or service that people need and do it so well that it's profitable."

James Rouse

Are you sure that they are forwarding your calls on these ports to the ilon? there is a difference between open and forwarded. If you are using the external ip address to reach the building, then you need the ports forwarded to the ilon.
    You are probably right. Not knowing exactly what I needed I asked to have the ports opened. It only took two months to get a response for my first request we'll see what happens this time