Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Isn't it soon time you installed at least one of them. LOL
    lol mine is in, my dads is in, but my moms are still in the box lol i haven't ordered her new equipment yet i am really dreading all the work i have to do at her house, all pro-bono of course
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

when i went to the clean effects class they showed us a video made after the fires in the san diego area last year. this couple purchased a clean effects a couple months prior to the fire. they were evacuated and when they got back the fire had come within 100ft of the house, but no major damage. when they got home they noticed they had left the a/c on and there was no soot or smell in the house at all. their neighbors all had smoke,soot etc.. trane dealers can get a copy of the dvd and i'm sure it can be down loaded somewhere.
    "When the people find they can vote themselves money,that will herald the end of the republic" - Benjamin Franklin

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force;like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action"- George Washington

clean effects is nice but only is good for filtration ONLY!. the other problem we have in our homes that is damaging not only to equipment but to our health is VOC's. The clean effects does nothing for those. also if you don't clean the clean effects after 30 days it loses a lot of it's effieciency to filter. Your best bet is the Lennox Pureair if you want the best filter with the ability to destroy VOC's. the only difference is there is a upkeep to the Pureair. The insides have to be changed once a yr. I like the Pureair better. you control 2 IAQ problems with one filter!

Also another reason folks have problems with "More Dust"... a lot of times the devices are put on duct systems not only that are 20yrs. old and loaded with dust but the system is low returned! Even though the pressure drop on both filters is miniscule it will causethe system to pull from everywhere including cracks in doors and windows. which means pulling in outside air= more dust!

Quote Originally Posted by MidlandsHVAC View Post
    clean effects is nice but only is good for filtration ONLY!. the other problem we have in our homes that is damaging not only to equipment but to our health is VOC's. The clean effects does nothing for those. also if you don't clean the clean effects after 30 days it loses a lot of it's effieciency to filter. Your best bet is the Lennox Pureair if you want the best filter with the ability to destroy VOC's. the only difference is there is a upkeep to the Pureair. The insides have to be changed once a yr. I like the Pureair better. you control 2 IAQ problems with one filter!

Also another reason folks have problems with "More Dust"... a lot of times the devices are put on duct systems not only that are 20yrs. old and loaded with dust but the system is low returned! Even though the pressure drop on both filters is miniscule it will causethe system to pull from everywhere including cracks in doors and windows. which means pulling in outside air= more dust!

Give this man a pro membership....

Cause he's Dave's only friend
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Quote Originally Posted by iraqveteran View Post
    Give this man a pro membership....

Cause he's Dave's only friend
    i think he only needs one more post clean effects removes particulate matter down to .3 microns. smaller than most viruses. you still need a filter in the system imo.
    "When the people find they can vote themselves money,that will herald the end of the republic" - Benjamin Franklin

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force;like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action"- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by smittyii View Post
    i think he only needs one more post clean effects removes particulate matter down to .3 microns. smaller than most viruses. you still need a filter in the system imo.
    Triple filtered IMO.

Standard filter
    EAC
    UV

stack em all in on system, best possible air filtration. But the duct system and a heat calc will come in very important to pull it off right.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

The Pureaire does have a filter. It has a Merv 16 which removes 95% particulates down to .3 micron and the lighting and catalist removes 90% bioaerosoles down to .01 microns. you get both filtration and purification. The clean effects loses it's effectivness after 30 days due to loading if you don't clean the prongs. It's in their Installation paperwork in fine print.

for the record i had to change my handle cause my other one was messed up and I couldn't get it fixed so i've been around for a while. not a rookie here

The Pureaire does have a filter. It has a Merv 16 which removes 95% particulates down to .3 micron and the lighting and catalist removes 90% bioaerosoles down to .01 microns. you get both filtration and purification. The clean effects loses it's effectivness after 30 days due to loading if you don't clean the prongs. It's in their Installation paperwork in fine print.

for the record i had to change my handle cause my other one was messed up and I couldn't get it fixed so i've been around for a while. not a rookie here

Very good. Only bad part in that name staring you in the fact...

LENNOX

Very good. Only bad part in that name staring you in the fact...

LENNOX
    What's your gripe with Lennox? what do you sell?

clean effects claims 99.98% at .3 microns. every piece of mechanical equipment loses efficiency as soon as it's turned on. i have a customer who barely needs her cell cleaned once a year, then i have others who filthy it up in less than a month. i don't want to know what those people are doin' in their house!

What's your gripe with Lennox? what do you sell?
    ummmm

I have no gripe with Lennox...I was just messin with ya.

And I don't sell anything. I got out of residential HVAC. no fun in it.

clean effects claims 99.98% at .3 microns. every piece of mechanical equipment loses efficiency as soon as it's turned on. i have a customer who barely needs her cell cleaned once a year, then i have others who filthy it up in less than a month. i don't want to know what those people are doin' in their house!

i agree with what they claim, the truth is as you said it loses effeniency very soon. the Pureair becomes more eff. as the filter loads up by coagulation. if there is enough return in the house the Pureair has less pressure drop and maintains eff. longer than the CE.

the advantage the CE has over the PA is it has not maint. cost to where the PA has a maint. cost to change the guts. i am just making he point that the PA is a better filter due to removing all 3 contaminant in our air:

1-VOC's-chemicals, cleaning products ect.
    2-Particulates- dust, pollen, dirt, allergensect.
    3-Biologicals- mold, viruses ect.

The CE only does 2-3. PA does all 3.

ummmm

I have no gripe with Lennox...I was just messin with ya.

And I don't sell anything. I got out of residential HVAC. no fun in it.

I got ya, Not to say they don't have their problems, I was just wondering. How come you got out? You say no fun, it wasn't the money was it?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast