Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trane Clean Effects

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MidlandsHVAC View Post
    The Pureaire does have a filter. It has a Merv 16 which removes 95% particulates down to .3 micron and the lighting and catalist removes 90% bioaerosoles down to .01 microns. you get both filtration and purification. The clean effects loses it's effectivness after 30 days due to loading if you don't clean the prongs. It's in their Installation paperwork in fine print.

for the record i had to change my handle cause my other one was messed up and I couldn't get it fixed so i've been around for a while. not a rookie here

Very good. Only bad part in that name staring you in the fact...

LENNOX
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by iraqveteran View Post
    Very good. Only bad part in that name staring you in the fact...

LENNOX
    What's your gripe with Lennox? what do you sell?

Post Likes
    clean effects claims 99.98% at .3 microns. every piece of mechanical equipment loses efficiency as soon as it's turned on. i have a customer who barely needs her cell cleaned once a year, then i have others who filthy it up in less than a month. i don't want to know what those people are doin' in their house!
    "When the people find they can vote themselves money,that will herald the end of the republic" - Benjamin Franklin

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force;like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action"- George Washington

Post Likes
    What's your gripe with Lennox? what do you sell?
    ummmm

I have no gripe with Lennox...I was just messin with ya.

And I don't sell anything. I got out of residential HVAC. no fun in it.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by smittyii View Post
    clean effects claims 99.98% at .3 microns. every piece of mechanical equipment loses efficiency as soon as it's turned on. i have a customer who barely needs her cell cleaned once a year, then i have others who filthy it up in less than a month. i don't want to know what those people are doin' in their house!

i agree with what they claim, the truth is as you said it loses effeniency very soon. the Pureair becomes more eff. as the filter loads up by coagulation. if there is enough return in the house the Pureair has less pressure drop and maintains eff. longer than the CE.

the advantage the CE has over the PA is it has not maint. cost to where the PA has a maint. cost to change the guts. i am just making he point that the PA is a better filter due to removing all 3 contaminant in our air:

1-VOC's-chemicals, cleaning products ect.
    2-Particulates- dust, pollen, dirt, allergensect.
    3-Biologicals- mold, viruses ect.

The CE only does 2-3. PA does all 3.

Post Likes
    ummmm

I have no gripe with Lennox...I was just messin with ya.

And I don't sell anything. I got out of residential HVAC. no fun in it.

I got ya, Not to say they don't have their problems, I was just wondering. How come you got out? You say no fun, it wasn't the money was it?

Post Likes
    i agree with what they claim, the truth is as you said it loses effeniency very soon. the Pureair becomes more eff. as the filter loads up by coagulation. if there is enough return in the house the Pureair has less pressure drop and maintains eff. longer than the CE.

the advantage the CE has over the PA is it has not maint. cost to where the PA has a maint. cost to change the guts. i am just making he point that the PA is a better filter due to removing all 3 contaminant in our air:

1-VOC's-chemicals, cleaning products ect.
    2-Particulates- dust, pollen, dirt, allergensect.
    3-Biologicals- mold, viruses ect.

The CE only does 2-3. PA does all 3.
    well put. theres courses for horses and horses for courses. we sell pure air on occasion. its one of the few things lennox lets us sell.
    "When the people find they can vote themselves money,that will herald the end of the republic" - Benjamin Franklin

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force;like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action"- George Washington

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by smittyii View Post
    its one of the few things lennox lets us sell.
    yeah, that is one of the things i do like in my area. we were trane dealers but it got to where anybody could put it in and they lost their name here. this is not to say anything about your quality of work i'm sure your a fine company but ou trane distributor was giving it to anybody who has a truck.

Post Likes
    I got ya, Not to say they don't have their problems, I was just wondering. How come you got out? You say no fun, it wasn't the money was it?
    Lennox has deinately had their problems...I used to work for a Lennox dealer. And I'm not a fan of the overall design when looking at it from the tech point of view.

Why I got out...

Of the Corps...2 combat tours. 40% disabled. Did my time. Had a blast. Shoulda stayed in.

Of resi work. moved on to bigger and better things that are more of a challenge.

Post Likes
    Lennox has deinately had their problems...I used to work for a Lennox dealer. And I'm not a fan of the overall design when looking at it from the tech point of view.

Why I got out...

Of the Corps...2 combat tours. 40% disabled. Did my time. Had a blast. Shoulda stayed in.

Of resi work. moved on to bigger and better things that are more of a challenge.

Well good for you on the bigger and better things and thank you for your service glad you made it back and through it all. I still feel rheem/ruud is the most tech friendly i have ever worked on.

Post Likes
    Well good for you on the bigger and better things and thank you for your service glad you made it back and through it all. I still feel rheem/ruud is the most tech friendly i have ever worked on.

I honestly couldn't tell ya whats most tech friendly anymore.

I've moved to commercial and refrigeration. Nothing is tech friendly in my world.

Post Likes
    your right about that. different world there. good luck with it

Post Likes
    your right about that. different world there. good luck with it

Its a different world....

but I find it much easier than residentail crap. It will definately test your skills though. Especially when dealing with med and low temp that hold small charges.

And lets not forget that all too famous ice machines.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in