Trane Clean Effects
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Trane Clean Effects

What are some opinions on the clean effects? I have heard many different stories from homeowners about how they do not clean the air, and that it makes more dust in the house. Then again I have also had homeowners tell me it is the next best thing since sliced bread. I have talked to numerous technicians about how they have found evap coils clogged up on new systems after just 1 year. Then other techs tell me it is great.

i have one in my house, my dads house, and two in my moms house. it is the best thing since sliced bread.

of course you dust isn't going to stop completely if your blowing air through 20yr old dirty ducts. if your not cleaning the clean effects often enough. or if your duct system has alot of leaks in it. how "tight" are thier homes? there are many reasons why one would think the clean effects isn't working. and there are many cause to why a clean effects doesn't work efficiently.

i have terrible allergies. cats, dogs, pollen. when i go to my dads house (he has an indoor dog, a lab) i used to have to take allergy medicine. not anymore
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Clean effects is a good improvement of an old technology. It does a great job, but like all IAQ products they need to be used in the correct application. Too often are they sold as the answer to all problems

save yourself some grief

get a 4" or 5" media filter.

Trane can claim what they want, unfortunately most home owners think they don't need to do anything to them
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

We have put alot of them in. And most homeowners seem to be pleased with them. Our service technicians are not crazy about them. But I think that may be partly because of the recall on them earlier this year, and because they don't think homeowners will take care of them. We absolutely refuse to put them on attic installs, I will usually put a relatively good 5" with a 6 - 12 month replacement cycle in those installs. It seems like a good product to me. I have a boiler, and a unico or I would have one.

_J_

my company sells alot of accucleans. me as a tech do not really like them much. the door is a pain to get on and off, the manual says you can wash the cells but tech support told our company not to wash anymore with water, they say they now want you to use a compressor to blow air through them or vaccume them. which gets close to nothing out of them. we also get alot of nusince calls for lights going off on them. when they work they work good. we have a customer who claims he took his kid off his allergy medicine thanks to the accuclean. so i have mixed emotions

I was skeptical at first, but after installing a number of them and getting customers' feedback, I'm convinced they're the best on the market.

Take a look at the technology involved. It makes a lot of sense, and there's a lot of 3rd party of it's effectiveness.
    White Bear Township, Minnesota
    www.summitheating.com

Quote Originally Posted by dandyme View Post
    save yourself some grief

get a 4" or 5" media filter.

Trane can claim what they want, unfortunately most home owners think they don't need to do anything to them

I completely agree!!! Those things are a pain to clean and they are not as rugged as the EAC's of old.

You need to gauge the clients needs,if they have asthma,or are dedicated to doing the preventative maintenance,the Trane Clean Effects can not be beat.(The door can be a real bear to re-install if the install is at all torqued)The Carrier product requires very $$ media which when you sell it to the client does not go over very well(unless you pre-qualify it at the time of sale)
    I also suggest using at least the 21" size in conventional up-flow installs to maximize the run time between cleaning cycles.
    Ethics are as important as education.

The Trane Clean Effects is as good as any of the other EAC out there. Like many of them, however, it is not easy to service. Also, it should NEVER be installed where it could get wet or have any condensation accumulate in it. If so, problems galore.

not quite sure what is meant by "save yourself some grief buy the 4-5 media".

The cleaneffects can be cleaned at no charge to the buyer. But the medias need replacement very 6-12 months and some are as much as a hundred bucks each.

I would suggust looking at life cost vs first cost and let the H/O make the choice. Each has its pros and cons.

Clean effects for me.

Last edited by m-cooling; 09-24-2008 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    i have one in my house, my dads house, and two in my moms house.
    Isn't it soon time you installed at least one of them. LOL
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast