Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 30HL

Set your zgn to 2 and check your lwt thermistor for accuracy. 4 seems a little broad for me 2 should have been the default. How many tons m# please.
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

carrier M# 30hl-050-d-511 S# 1605q05067. It's odd. All my pressures seem fine but something must be happening that only takes a split second to trip it. I know my discharge pressure on the pump is 39-40 psi.

Cool update

well we increased the flow to the chiller and she has been fine until today.....It seems that it was a flow issue even though when we increased the flow we could not see a difference on our gauges. Chillers are so sensitive sometimes.... But anyway today a no cooling call showed up and it was locked out on "T051 and T055" Circuit A Compressor 1 failure and Circuit B Compressor 1 failure...So i megged the windings and that's ok, head pressure is right on has about 14 degrees of sub cooling and the amperage is lower than the nameplate on the compressors. This unit is only 3 yrs old or so. I find it hard to believe they are bad.....Any thoughts ideas would be great thanks.
    chris

Try this as an option.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

Ok can you tell me what the model number of the condenser is?
    UA 100

i do not have condenser model number, it's in my truck. The service bulletin sounds like that could be it. Have you had this situation happen before? If so how much time did it take to put this kit in?

i didn't put two and two together because that service bulletin is from 2001 and this equipment is from 2005. Now what are the odds that the problem was not resolved by 2005?

The kit might take 30 minutes or so to install. Have installed one on an old GB one time. Went out to meet a contractor one tome with a 30HW he installed the kit and he swares by it. I`ll bet you don`t have alot of load and your compressors are cycling on and off which increases the chance of the alarm you are getting.Check your starts inbetween you failure alarms just for fun. Also check your 2005 chiller and see if that same old CR relay is still sitting in there.LOL
    UA 100

good listener

The condenser M# is 090K-54---501
    S# 0905F08530.

I was just at the site on Tues and it shut down again. I spoke to carrier and the date code on the relay(s) is later than in the service bulletin but they still said about doing it. So i ordered the parts and we will find out.
    Thanks
    chris

Well with that condenser you are screwed. Does it have motor masters or just pressure switches?
    UA 100

pressure switches. No motor master. But the EMS locks the chiller out at 60 degrees F. But would the low temp cause the chiller to lock out on compressor failure?

The alarm code you are getting is best described as a status failure alarm.The Comfortlik is looking at the CR relay inputs for status. For example if the control output is on the feedback on the relay should be on . And vise-versa. If it supposed to be off the feedback should be off. If calling to be off and shows on this alarm will be generated. If your high pressure switch opens up you relay opens, creates an alarm. I would bet you a buck it has something to do with the relays. Also your condenser has problems, but theres a good chance you won`t be able to do anything about it.
    UA 100

Update

Well i just wanted to update anyone who has been following this thread. So far everything has been functioning properly and has not shut down on T051-T055. We replaced the relays like the service bulletin said and installed the other relays in parallel. It only took about an hour to install and that included getting tools off the truck, the site is service friendly. Now having posted this I will get a no ac call tomorrow. Thanks for the input.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast