Thread: Trend IQ3 Exact

Trend IQ3 Exact

Are there any Novar/Trend Techs out there? hehe. I had two IQ3's smoke the AO and belly up. I had two controllers shipped in. Broke these bad boys from there coffins and hooked em up. The old controllers were v1.3 and the new ones 2.0. Since the strategy was written in 1.3 I had to convert to 2.0. Well, the outputs are working flawlessly the inputs have gone to crap. I have 0 on all inputs on both controllers under live edit/values. Have checked ground, polarity, channel, and every other thing I could possible imagine. The last option that I have is to nulldown the IQ and start again unless I get any input from here. Checked voltage and resistance on Veris combo temp/humidity and they are fine. Have three in lab running into average blocks. Re wrote a test strategy and dumped it into controller, same thing. I get an error message that says that controller may have rejected following and it is everything from my sensor page. Any ideas? Both controllers are doing the exact same thing.
    He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask any questions is a fool forever.

Did you setup the input jumpers to match the sensor???

Yup.
    He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask any questions is a fool forever.

If the jumper is set correctly then something is hosed in your programming. v2 changes nothing that I can remember with the sensor setup.

Post a screen shot of your input and sensor type setups.

Setup custom sensor for veris stats. Have changed nothing in programming. Have a third exact with same stategy and its tromping along. While doing some research I found an upgrade applet that I should have used. I just changed the ver of device in device view per supplier/tech recommendation? You think that nicked it up?

You have to do both.

The applet updates the actual controller.

Changing the version in SET under device details updates the strategy for the new version only.

ehh, so if i already had a 2.0 controller and updated my strategy, it should have worked. Looks like a nulldown to me. I know the strategy is good. Can you think of anything else to try?

There is no reason to nulldown the controller. If it will take the download it is should work just fine.

I suspect either your wiring or the setup in SET is hosed.

If I download the page it comes up and tells me that all my sensor data might have been rejected by the controller. I think I might have jacked it up trying to download 1.3 strategy into the 2.0 controller. I have tried everything but a nulldown. I have the uncanny knack of messing up the idiot proof.

Hey Orion, I wore different socks on Tuesday. I got to job site and was trying a couple of things while I was awaiting the infamous nulldown cable. Re-downloaded strategy. Did not do anything different, that I am aware of, and voila! All inputs are reading just fine. Here is where you say I told you you didnt need to nulldown. Thanks for your time.

Doubt it was the socks.....

You have to be somewhat careful of live editing. Sounds like the controller and SET where not in sync. When you add a module then cancel, things can get unhappy. I rarely ever null down controllers, it's usually something else.