Confused Carrier warranty is what again?

My primarily Trane contractor says a Carrier system comes with 5yrs parts, 1 yr labor. But he'll do whatever I want of course.

A competitor's website states that Carrier systems are 5yrs parts/5 yrs labor.

Carrier's website seems to indicate 5yrs parts/some parts longer/no labor mention?

Nobody has (so far) made a distinction between full vs. partial system warranties. Seems this should be made plain on somebody's website somewhere.

Welcome to the "fun" side of choosing equipment, if not contractors.

I lean towards a 13 SEER Performance heat pump system/Infinity 80 furnace and t-stat and not the comparable XR13/XV80 setup from Trane. I realize both are good.

OK, so you're supposed to pick the contractor first, equipment second. But due to real humans having real opinions and "other incentives" that approach can be less than idea also. I my opinion.

Just a little frustrated, and tempted to contact the competitor, which is also reputable, but for what? So that he can sing the praises of Carrier in order for me to feel "better" about my instincts?

Quote Originally Posted by deckeda View Post
    My primarily Trane contractor says a Carrier system comes with 5yrs parts, 1 yr labor. But he'll do whatever I want of course.

A competitor's website states that Carrier systems are 5yrs parts/5 yrs labor.

Carrier's website seems to indicate 5yrs parts/some parts longer/no labor mention?

Nobody has (so far) made a distinction between full vs. partial system warranties. Seems this should be made plain on somebody's website somewhere.

Welcome to the "fun" side of choosing equipment, if not contractors.

I lean towards a 13 SEER Performance heat pump system/Infinity 80 furnace and t-stat and not the comparable XR13/XV80 setup from Trane. I realize both are good.

OK, so you're supposed to pick the contractor first, equipment second. But due to real humans having real opinions and "other incentives" that approach can be less than idea also. I my opinion.

Just a little frustrated, and tempted to contact the competitor, which is also reputable, but for what? So that he can sing the praises of Carrier in order for me to feel "better" about my instincts?

Hey

If you're interested in Carrier...you may want to check out this site
    www.tempstar.com this product is manufactered by ICP (international cooling product) owned by Carrier which in turn is owned by United Technologies Corp. ICP markets products under the brand names of Arcoaire, Clare, Comfortmaker, Dettson, Heil, KeepRite, Lincoln, and Tempstar.
    The Tempstar is the one I own and its giving me good performance so far..... I would tend to stay away from the lower end units.. The upper end Tempstar units are very similar to Carrier..as they share alot of the same components. The 2 stage ultra tech scroll compressor is as quiet as they get.. worth looking into... If you get interested i have more links to alot more reading..just let me know. Right now they have extended their promotion 10 year no hassle compressor 7 year parts etc...http://www.tempstar.com/ITS-Warranties-at-a-glance.pdf

All manufacturers have part warranties.There are usually 5 year warranties on the standard line up and 10 year warranties on the higher end systems. This is the case with most brands including Trane and Carrier. The manufacturer does not give a labor warranty. These are supplied by the contractor. Any labor warranty over 1 or 2 years is typically a third party warranty purchased by the installing contractor.