Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Goodman Brand Quality

Post Likes

Brands R NOT the Same

[QUOTE=RoBoTeq;1995780][quote=21degrees;1995736]
    I'm not quite positive what you are trying to get across here with the erratic rantings and badly quoted post,

Robo First off what feature operating feature does goodman make better than big name feature. 2nd my point is that all furnaces are not the same. Some are better and some are quiter. I do agree that company is most important, but product weighs in too. 3rd what exactly is it you are trying to say. I thought you were a saleman.
    Do it right the first time.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mechanicalgsxr View Post
    i have seen too many goodman condenser fans fall through the roof of the unit
    And you haven't seen that on any other fan guard motor mounted Brands? Lord knows I have, especially commercial. However you are in Goodman land and I'm assuming 7 out of 10 units you work on are Goodman.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tinner73 View Post
    i do have standards.
    We know. Your standards include thinking that all of the millions of installs of Goodman equipment that are doing their jobs as intended must have been installed by technicians whose standards are not like yours. Since I happen to know many companies that install Goodman products with no more problems then they would have with any other products, I can say with professional certainty that these are quality installers.

This meand that your standards are just not very good for our industry.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    i have seen too many goodman condenser fans fall through the roof of the unit
    What in the heck is this supposed to mean? Just how can a condenser fan "fall" through the roof of something? What exactly is the "roof" of a unit? Do you know what a condensing unit is? Can you even spell HVAC?
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    would you like me to use a more technical term like the top of the unit...you know the part of the unit from which the condenser fan is suspended...the "top" of the unit cracks the bracket comes loose and the little motor and blade fall down into the coil...did i type that slow enough lol

hacq hqag hpap hvap dang your right you got me

Post Likes
    would you like me to use a more technical term like the top of the unit...you know the part of the unit from which the condenser fan is suspended...the "top" of the unit cracks the bracket comes loose and the little motor and blade fall down into the coil...did i type that slow enough lol

NO, can you post a picture or draw it up on microsoft paint or something

Post Likes
    [quote=21degrees;1995910][quote=RoBoTeq;1995780]
    Quote Originally Posted by 21degrees View Post
    I'm not quite positive what you are trying to get across here with the erratic rantings and badly quoted post,

Robo First off what feature operating feature does goodman make better than big name feature. 2nd my point is that all furnaces are not the same. Some are better and some are quiter. I do agree that company is most important, but product weighs in too. 3rd what exactly is it you are trying to say. I thought you were a saleman.
    Again; HUH?

I am going to assume that you are inquiring as to what feature on a Goodman unit is better then the same feature on other units. No one is claiming that Goodman has better features. Ours is a jobbers market for the most part. This means that the majority of the components of all brands of equipment are not proprietary to a specific brand.

Features depend on the models of any brand. Goodman has models that have similar features as most other brands. So again, I just don't know what you are trying to say. Maybe if you posted what "features" you are referring to, I may understand what you are trying to talk about.

As far as furnaces go, they really are all about the same. As far as your saying that some are "quiter", if a furnace quits; it's broke and needs to be repaired. Interestingly enough though, Goodman/Amana furnaces do have the best rated heat exchanger in the market as far as failures due to normal circumstances.

As for you "thinking" I am a salesman, I hope you are correct. However, I also believe that most in our industry will agree that I am more then "just" a salesman. So again, I don't understand what you are getting at.
    Training is important!

Post Likes

Confused

Quote Originally Posted by git-r-dun View Post
    I've always wondered. Just out of curiousity list some Goodman condensing unit items that you think compromises standards. What is it that you don't like and think is made inferior to other brands?
    Gooman equipment?? where's Payson? search out Payson in the wall of shame. plenty there.

c'mon..i really don't understand how you guys can defend a product that is always questioned about quality. is it just a coincidence?? how many threads are about Gooman??? ..how bad are they? why are they all over the wall of shame???...i've heard bad things about them...lowest ranked by Consumer Reports..again..etc. these guys let anybody install their product. if Gooman is all you can get a hold of to install then it sucks to be you. i install a better product at a more expensive price. sorry.. if you're a bottom feeder. i'm not..i have options. all i envision is a smelly eastern European with a broken accent hacking in your new Gooman to your quality flex ductopus.

how come there are no threads questioning the quality of Trane..or Carrier..or Lennox. and not Trane vs. Carrier...just about their quality. Carrier brand quality?..is Trane any good?

the OP asked what people thought of Gooman. i gave my opinion(18+ years in trade)...i don't think he likes it. i don't care. if Joe can only afford Gooman equipment i would then suggest WeatherKing (Rheem's low end)as an option...or maybe Joe should wait until he has more dough for better equipment. if he goes Gooman great...... have him post pics.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    We know. Your standards include thinking that all of the millions of installs of Goodman equipment that are doing their jobs as intended must have been installed by technicians whose standards are not like yours. Since I happen to know many companies that install Goodman products with no more problems then they would have with any other products, I can say with professional certainty that these are quality installers.

This meand that your standards are just not very good for our industry.
    who died and made you king of the industry. you used to work for Gooman...i think you drank too much of the kool-aid there.<--this smilie is giving you the finger but you can't see it.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Post Likes
    cant we all just get along goodman sucks but its cheap so everybody wins

Post Likes

There is no way I got that from what you originally wrote. One of the reasons I didn't think about the top of the unit cracking and not holding up the motor is that I have not seen that condition very often on Goodman units over any other brand of unit.

I used to see this a lot with York. The older Rheem/Ruud units with the wire motor hangers were the worst for dropping motors. Any unit top will crack if there is a vibration in the fan blade or the motor shaft is out of wack. Most times I see this is on heat pumps (any brand) that operate with ice on the fan blades causing the blades to go out of balance.

This is hardly a Goodman thing at all.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    Gooman equipment?? where's Payson? search out Payson in the wall of shame. plenty there.

c'mon..i really don't understand how you guys can defend a product that is always questioned about quality. is it just a coincidence?? how many threads are about Gooman??? ..how bad are they? why are they all over the wall of shame???...i've heard bad things about them...lowest ranked by Consumer Reports..again..etc. these guys let anybody install their product. if Gooman is all you can get a hold of to install then it sucks to be you. i install a better product at a more expensive price. sorry.. if you're a bottom feeder. i'm not..i have options. all i envision is a smelly eastern European with a broken accent hacking in your new Gooman to your quality flex ductopus.

how come there are no threads questioning the quality of Trane..or Carrier..or Lennox. and not Trane vs. Carrier...just about their quality. Carrier brand quality?..is Trane any good?

the OP asked what people thought of Gooman. i gave my opinion(18+ years in trade)...i don't think he likes it. i don't care. if Joe can only afford Gooman equipment i would then suggest WeatherKing (Rheem's low end)as an option...or maybe Joe should wait until he has more dough for better equipment. if he goes Gooman great...... have him post pics.
    Wall of shame is 99% bad installs and not bad products. So again what is so bad with Goodman? Is it their compressors, condenser fan motors, fan blades, paint color, copper, aluminum fins, contactors, capacitors, wiring, service valves, precharged refrigerant, filter drier, bolts, nuts, access panels? What is it you're pertaining to?

Post Likes
    who died and made you king of the industry. you used to work for Gooman...i think you drank too much of the kool-aid there.<--this smilie is giving you the finger but you can't see it.
    I've also repped Rheem/Ruud, York, Luxaire, Bard etc., so what? I was a Carrier dealer and installed lots of Trane equipment...so what?

I may not be the king of the industry, but you sure are campaigning hard to be the jester of it (this is a wink, not a smile. Looks like HVAC isn't the only thing you don't comprehend very well.)
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    There is no way I got that from what you originally wrote. One of the reasons I didn't think about the top of the unit cracking and not holding up the motor is that I have not seen that condition very often on Goodman units over any other brand of unit.

I used to see this a lot with York. The older Rheem/Ruud units with the wire motor hangers were the worst for dropping motors. Any unit top will crack if there is a vibration in the fan blade or the motor shaft is out of wack. Most times I see this is on heat pumps (any brand) that operate with ice on the fan blades causing the blades to go out of balance.

This is hardly a Goodman thing at all.
    i have seen the bracket break on a few units but never the "lid" not trying to be an ******* bro i just didnt see how you couldnt understand what i was saying

Post Likes
    Like no one else has ever seen a Rheem with the CFM cables rusted through?

You can find flaws with any brand.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Like no one else has ever seen a Rheem with the CFM cables rusted through?

You can find flaws with any brand.
    yes sir totally agree but they were asking the question of why we dont like goodman and thats just a reason i will admit i just became prejudiced against them because thats what all the stank apartments have around here it seems like thats the equipment that crap installers prefer but you guys are right and i am wrong they really are not that bad

Post Likes
    As a Texas Furnace man, I think of Goodman as "super swankified units that regular Americans simply can not afford"

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ECIndHVAC View Post
    As a Texas Furnace man
    The words Texas and furnace next to each other doesn't even seem right

Post Likes
    hey!!! while we're at it can we all disagree on chevy and ford lmao
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by git-r-dun View Post
    The words Texas and furnace next to each other doesn't even seem right
    Isn't a Texas furnace. An oil well on fire.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in