one or two humidifiers?

I'm planning on getting a humidifer installed in my house (~3300sq ft). My current setup is that there are two furnaces/zones. One for the top floor and one for the middle floor (basement unfinished)

My HVAC contractor says its up to me if I want to get one Aprilaire 600 installed or to put one on each furnace. I'm thinking of getting one on each furnace even though one humidifer is said to be fine for houses even larger - is this overkill?? or will one humidifer work across the entire house effectively??

Thanks,Will

How well built is your house? The only reason you need a humidifier at all is from outside air leaking in, being heated and resulting in a lower RH%. If your house is reasonably well built, you should be fine with 1 hum. If rather leaky, you could need 2. Of course if you need 2 you should be tightening the house rather than putting in the 2nd!

Can't comment on the quality...but the house is about 4 years old.....I have a two year old where we run a humidier in his room every night in the winters (live in MA) - as this helps with this breathing/colds as he's the type of guy that needs breathing treatments everytime he gets a cold!!! I'm just concerned if I'll get 30%-40% humidity in the entire house....

I'd start with one on the system that does the bedrooms. If that isn't enough, put one on the other system or look into ways to tighten the house which will keep humidity up and cut down on utility bills.