Electronic Air Filter??

Hey everyone....
    Been in the commercial trade for 3 years..so basically very new...but advanced very well so far.
    My question has to do with a my dads friend who asked me to see if I could replace his old electronic air filter with the new style that trane offers. i took a look at it today, and it looks pretty basic, took all the diameters of the old, and was wondering if I should not be messing with this, or if maybe I could learn some stuff on here from you pros....by the way....not getting paid for this!

Unless smoke removal is important, I would disconnected the power, scrap the cells/prefilters, and put in media filter cartriges.

Used to have an EAC and never liked it; great for tiny particles, completely useless for keeping the blower and evap coil clean. (Unless the cells are cleaned very frequently)
    General public's attitude towards our energy predicament: "I reject the reality of finite resource depletion and substitute it with my own; energy is infinite, we just need an alternative storage medium to run the cars on. The economy can grow indefinitely - we just need to "green" everything! Technology is energy! Peak what?"

EAC's are ok if you clean them alot the media cartridge is a good replacment but have a cost everytime they need to be changed- some like the merv 16 can get costly. there is a 1" electronic filter that fits the cabinets and is supposed to be real good but i reserve judgement on that one as of yet

the trane clean effects is more than a electronic air system.

yeah it does electronic, and more too

i would check the SP of the sxisting duct system and the SP drop of any new filtration system you choose and see if his system can handle it

IMO there is nothing better than the clean effects. have one in my dads home and mine reduced my allergies to nothing
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?