Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arrow THIRD WEEK AFTER SWITCHING TO REFRIGERATION

I just made the switch from COMMERCIAL HVAC to Refrigeration............HOLY HELL I WORKED 80 HOURS LAST WEEK. Love the OT and so does Uncle Sam. learning alot. has been a smooth transition.

im curious about refrigeration as well.. are those ot hours in the middle of the night?? what has the days youve worked times starting and getting done been. i cant imagine working 15 hour day than getting up at 2 for a service call
    i dont know if that happens, i guess it depends on the company, but thats what i heard

Was at wal mart till midnight Saturday. generally start at 7 home by 7

what was going on at the good ol' walmart, that caused the lon hours lol

Quote Originally Posted by natepickle View Post
    I just made the switch from COMMERCIAL HVAC to Refrigeration............HOLY HELL I WORKED 80 HOURS LAST WEEK. Love the OT and so does Uncle Sam. learning alot. has been a smooth transition.
    You should also remember there is a kind of refrigeration called light commercial refrigeration that still allows you some personal time and gives you a better chance to go on your own one day.And when you go on your own one day you can make what you make in 80 hrs now in a few hours and you can rest the rest of the week if you are slow.I would have loved to have gotton into supermarket refrigeration, but early on I saw it more difficult to go on my own with it.It was a smart desicion considering where I am now with the light commercial refrigeration .
    Last edited by wannafreeze; 09-18-2008 at 11:14 PM.

2 am not much fun but again supermarket teachs real tech life

Quote Originally Posted by wannafreeze View Post
    You should also remember there is a kind of refrigeration called light commercial refrigeration that still allows you some personal time and gives you better chance to go on your own one day.
    NJ got slower then VA In light comm?

Quote Originally Posted by sarpanch2001 View Post
    NJ got slower then VA In light comm?
    I did,but no panicing.It's the nature of this business and it's the times.I enjoy the slow time too.If I were someone's employee then I would worry about it.Frequently techs call me looking for a job.

Arrow Refrigeration...

I have been working in "SUPER-MARKET" refrigeration since mid 1985

it has been very $$$$$ profitable.. I will be "46" in november
    It does put heavy demands on ones personal life. I have often pondered transitioning to commercial Hvac after 50 or 55 years of age but the # "1" glaring thought is this

I am always working indoors during "RAINY" weather The hvac only guys are humping a ladder on the side of a building exposing themselves to far more potential hazards due to working in the rain... just my oppinion..

The supermarkets for the most part have large penthouse hvac units with a walk-in closet type electrical compartment where the compressers & electrical controls are

welcome to

the world of commercial refrigeration. 8 and 5 are just times during the day. You work when your needed. You go home when it's fixed. Work day starts same time each day even when you get home at 5 am. Enjoy
    Be safe not fast. body parts don't grow back

Quote Originally Posted by wannafreeze View Post
    I did,but no panicing.It's the nature of this business and it's the times.I enjoy the slow time too.If I were someone's employee then I would worry about it.Frequently techs call me looking for a job.
    agree

Quote Originally Posted by natepickle View Post
    The life of a market man what can I say.
    Ain't it grand.
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

Word hard, Party hard

I work when its needed and play when its not.

I'm on call this weekend so I'm just sittin around here waiting to see how the day turns out.
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast