Lee-Temp

Thread: Lee-Temp

Lee-Temp

Has anybody had any problems with Libert's Lee-Temp condensors?

that's a loaded question....

Yes, had one develop a refrigerant leak. Otherwise very reliable.

Lee-Temp

Had a check valve go bad once. Otherwise very reliable.

What is your problem?

Nothing yet, just have a couple system with it. Thought I had heard some people complaining about them for some reason or another, but couldn't remember why. Just wondering what others have seen with them.

Lee-Temp

The only valid complaint that I ever here is the how much more refrigerant is needed to fill the receiver to the climate where the equipment is located.

I have not had any trouble with one. Same complaint takes a lot of refrigerant to fill that reciever but very reliable!
    do things right the first time is cheaper.

Only had issue with lee-temp maybe twice. Once another associate replaced a headmaster on a lee-temp that ...well, let's just say that it did not owe the customer any money. The other was a leaking sight glass (loose) . Charged it according to the directions and discovered just how much had leaked out over a period of six years.

It seems that some people pass on the rumors simply because they don't feel comfortable with a given brand name. Liebert is or has been reliable, and has sufficient tech support. They will help you determine your situation with a lee-temp, and you'll be like a 7-11 chili dog--good to go!
    It's great to be alive and pumping oxygen!

Tough little units...very few problems. If there is a problem, its refrigerant leaks. Usually, the guilty culprit is the liquid line solenoid. The o-ring gasket in those Alco valves gets frail and looses its seal. I replace them with Sporlan valves every chance I get.
    It's true, these units are very reliable and can take a lot of abuse, not to mention, adverse weather conditions.
    "Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better"
    -Pat Riley

what were the symptons..i had one stick on pressure testing and now suspect it may not be opening ..just leaking by

Thumbs up

I INSTALLED ONE AND IT HAD A CHECK VALVE INSTALLED BACKWARDS FROM THE FACTORY AFTER IT WAS REPAIRED IT HAS BEEN VERY RELIABLE

Lee Temp

No problems that I am aware of..... I find many of them with an incorrect charge due to failure to follow start-up manual charging instructions.
    Control valves for flooded condenser rarely fail....
    Just another type of head pressure control....