Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    no doubt, so you just bit the bullet and trudged through it?
    He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask any questions is a fool forever.

I think we renamed them by selecting multiple items (per folder group)
    If I'm not mistaken you should be able to replace say AHU$20* with AHU_*, or something like that. Show us some examples of your point naming scheme and we'll figure it out.

using bql query builder batch edit and pointing to (custom)control, abstactproxyextension to disable unused points such as %DAT-SP%. typing in parent.name

/Drivers/JciNetwork/AHU_8/DAT-SP/proxyext
    He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask any questions is a fool forever.

do you need to keep the proxy points at all?
    When I had to trim the fat on the pig before, I searched for the point container, then use the remove slot button. The proxy points are slots of the container that they are in.
    This effectively deletes the proxy point, instead of disabling it.

If you really just need to disable the extension on multiple points, this is how I do it with Lon (I'm not sure what the custom point type is for jci networks)

Find in LonNetwork, Of type: (Custom Type), lonworks, LonProxyExt
    Match All
    parent.displayName like Bldg300*

The bql statement ends up looking like:
    station:|slot:/Drivers/LonNetwork|bql:select * from lonworks:LonProxyExt where parent.DisplayName like 'Bldg300*'

then just click Edit Slot, Property: Enabled, New Value: false

I don't believe that you cannot BQL components that are already in the station database.

"DAT-SP" is a display name, its real name is "DAT$2dSP".

It might be best in the long run to just re-name your points in bulk as previously suggested, remember that although you now have that secret de-coder table I posted, the others that will be using the batch editor may not understand this

The point naming with all the $2d, etc. stuff can end up being very confusing for the end user, as a lot of that stuff carries over to alarms, histories, etc.

Just makes for a sloppy job and something for the customer to ***** about

yeah, i think i will have to go through re-naming the points. Any conversion in addition with the points mucks up the search. I will just have to stop bout every 3 hours and let my eyes uncross.hehehe. thanks for the input.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12