Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: JCI

Quote Originally Posted by mikeacman View Post

Any Union JCI employees feeling pinched?

We have been on a day to day schedule for over a month. I call in every morning and either get a few hours to a full day or get a wonderful unpaid day off. We have work such as PSA's etc... but they either canceled them or won't turn the work loose , yet.

Told us in August that September would be better . They told us this month that October will be better . What do you want to bet I hear that November will be better .

I am glad I have no bills and can barely survive working part time . If I had any real debt I would be screwed.

I think the reorganization will affect some of us here in the USA , It appears to here.

I believe if you come in ready for work and don't get at least 4 hrs you get paid 4 hours if they did not notify you the day before you are not needed.

It would seem to me its your local branch humping you good.
    If it was me I'd start looking
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Quote Originally Posted by dgruber View Post
    All should contact this Law Firm via email or call.
    http://www.cronemason.com/team.html

Anne Hunter Williams
    Crone & Mason PLC
    205 Powell Place, Suite 111
    Brentwood, TN 37027
    (615) 369-0640 voice
    (615) 369- 0639 fax
    (615) 429 -7519 cell

They wish to talk to any Frontliners or Formen that is now working for or has worked for JCI! This sound's like a Nation Wide situation.

They want to know how you have been compensated for drive time to job sites. Do you fax and portal time once at home, end of day?

Should be interesting!!!
    wow! sounds serious! I'd probably leave JCI before I'd deal with this..JCI must really be bad.
    Last edited by jrbenny; 10-08-2008 at 09:17 PM.

Union Shops?

I have never worked at a union shop and have always been garanteed 40hrs a week. I thought union workers had better deals than open shops? (Im not being a smart A$$) Do you guys think union is the way to go and if you dont can you move to an open shop without losing too much? What about union workers? Does the union provide competent techs to employers? Trained and ready to go or does the employer have to train them?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptJackSparrow View Post
    I have never worked at a union shop and have always been garanteed 40hrs a week. I thought union workers had better deals than open shops? (Im not being a smart A$$) Do you guys think union is the way to go and if you dont can you move to an open shop without losing too much? What about union workers? Does the union provide competent techs to employers? Trained and ready to go or does the employer have to train them?
    Oh boy! your gonna open a big ol' can of worms with this one. We've been down this road. A couple of times..

O.K I guess I was really trying to recruit people from the union to come help me build an evil empire and take over the world but if its gona be to much hassle, forget it. I'll just have to find something else to do!

Worked with a JCI UA Tech this last week. He said JCI's fiscal year is ending this month. I wonder if it's an effort to make the books look good for those stockholders.
    Jogas
    Four wheel therapy, my 1968 Camaro is gone and will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by jogas View Post
    Worked with a JCI UA Tech this last week. He said JCI's fiscal year is ending this month. I wonder if it's an effort to make the books look good for those stockholders.
    BINGO
    UA Local 141

Why would any tech be loyal to a company like that?

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower View Post
    Why would any tech be loyal to a company like that?
    Well, the same can be said about at least 75% of the other companies out there, big or small. Gotta look out for #1 all the time
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

Quote Originally Posted by jogas View Post
    That is exactly how jci does business, and don't give 2 chits about customers or employees

JCI has no ethics! Period.....

I left JCI at the end of April. And don't regret it for one second!! I was on the national accounts side, where many of the guys I still talk to aren't getting 40. But the Core group (chiller guys) and the city guys (Boston city contract) are doing well.

I personally had trouble once they bought York, I was a happy little York dork.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptJackSparrow View Post
    O.K I guess I was really trying to recruit people from the union to come help me build an evil empire and take over the world but if its gona be to much hassle, forget it. I'll just have to find something else to do!
    You can count me in.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast