JCI
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JCI

Angry JCI

Any Union JCI employees feeling pinched?

We have been on a day to day schedule for over a month. I call in every morning and either get a few hours to a full day or get a wonderful unpaid day off. We have work such as PSA's etc... but they either canceled them or won't turn the work loose , yet.

Told us in August that September would be better . They told us this month that October will be better . What do you want to bet I hear that November will be better .

I am glad I have no bills and can barely survive working part time . If I had any real debt I would be screwed.

I think the reorganization will affect some of us here in the USA , It appears to here.
    mikeacman

Election years are usually worse in the commercial sectors until the elections are over but then again we haven't had an economy like this is awhile either

Drive Time

Are you paid for drive time to jobs outside of a 50 mile radius?

This is important as Brinks Home Security,found out they owed Frontliners back pay for this same situation, even if a Collective Bargining Agreement was in effect!

Up to 4 to 6 years back pay!!

Some one should investigate this.
    Dealing with Global Warming

Where you located at?
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

I'm not sure it's union or not... kinda doubt it.

We're slowin way down out here, still got some work to do (thank god for boiler start ups) but it seems pretty slow. Course, almost all companies are mighty slow around here lately.

Thankfully we have a TON of contract work to help get us by till something breaks
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

Local 125 in Cedar Rapids is booming. Lot of flood repair. Some companies are working 7 10hr days. Lot of travelers in town.

JCI has figured out they can work UA mechanics part time without any fall out from most of the guys or the union. Only one out of fifty will quit, so why not dick them around.

I've witnessed ace mechanics at JCI get less than forty hours a week and get treated poorly to say the least, they ***** and moan a little but they keep hanging in there.

It's a phenomenom of the trade. Sad but true.

I'm convinced the JCI management has determined most of the guys will put up with the abuse, so I'm sure JCI will escalate the abuse in the future. Then again, if a guy won't do anything but *****, then he deserves whatever JCI dishes out. Just imagine a JCI managers meeting, "hey there was no fall out from our last stunt, how can we f&^* them now".

Does JCI being slow have anything to do with their excessive margins, poor customer service, and in-experienced managers?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeacman View Post

Any Union JCI employees feeling pinched?

We have been on a day to day schedule for over a month. I call in every morning and either get a few hours to a full day or get a wonderful unpaid day off. We have work such as PSA's etc... but they either canceled them or won't turn the work loose , yet.

Told us in August that September would be better . They told us this month that October will be better . What do you want to bet I hear that November will be better .

I am glad I have no bills and can barely survive working part time . If I had any real debt I would be screwed.

I think the reorganization will affect some of us here in the USA , It appears to here.
    Why not leave? Go somewhere where they appreciate you. Atleast try. I'm sure there's companies out there that would like to take a jci guy. Talk to your union see what they say.

I know many JCi guys who left after they bought york. These were top mechanics for york for years. They had little to no trouble finding good jobs in the area with Carrier,P&J, Kistler Service ECT.

I think it depends upon which side of the house you are be it york or jci proper. It seems like the york guys are all being told there is nothing to do, and even during spring were held to forty hours for the most part. Where I came from (Honeywell) it was the same way years ago. There was a no overtime mandate, and contract work was only kept with premiere clients who were willing to pay dearly for the love of mother Honeywell. All the rest kinda let their contracts lapse or cancelled, and it took management a while to figure who to keep and who to let go. This was based more on ass kissing than actual talent. I now do work for those guys as a subcontract, mostly jci, using former honeywell employees. I still have not figured out the math that allows me to hire the same guys and mark them up, as compared to them working direct to manufacturer, other than they just do not want them on the books.

yes its bad here too day to day . They already layed one of us off heard of another layoff in another area . Managers are reading the contract finding what they can take away .
    is this really happening or not

Back Wages Due to Frontliners and Formen

All should contact this Law Firm via email or call.
    http://www.cronemason.com/team.html

Anne Hunter Williams
    Crone & Mason PLC
    205 Powell Place, Suite 111
    Brentwood, TN 37027
    (615) 369-0640 voice
    (615) 369- 0639 fax
    (615) 429 -7519 cell

They wish to talk to any Frontliners or Formen that is now working for or has worked for JCI! This sound's like a Nation Wide situation.

They want to know how you have been compensated for drive time to job sites. Do you fax and portal time once at home, end of day?

Should be interesting!!!
    Last edited by jrbenny; 10-08-2008 at 08:16 PM.
    Dealing with Global Warming

Local 393 JCI and I am lucky to only work 40. Usually 50 or more

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast