I inherited this control and piping mess.
Building size is 120,000 sq.ft. build 8 years ago.
1) 200 hp boiler running a exchanger then feeding 2 RTUs with 100% OAT.
7) lochinvar boilers 2,070,000btu each. On common header. Running the
hot water of the pumps I want to control better, these feed 2 RTUs that
are 260 tons each. With preheat and heating coil in each, again 100%
OAT. and 30 reheats.
1) Trane intellpak 160ton with gas feeding 24 FPT boxes with electric
1) McQuay 160 ton with gas.
1) McQuay 100 ton with gas 100% OAT.
1) York 160 air cooled chiller.feeding 14 chilled water coils. (talk about over
6) 50 hp exhaust fans 24/7 365.
200 hp boiler in shut off in summer. Lochinvars sit there and just cook all summer.(that's why I shut 3 of them down, not needed in summer) No OAT reset on anything. 10 pumps above 15 hp only 2 on VFDs. 3 of the RTUs have VFDs all others are full on.
ALC for control. Every day I find more points that were never hooked up, or have been disconnected.
Just took over this plant about 4 months ago. Slowly getting things working right. Last engineer was there from the being to about 6 months ago. He didn't fix anything. Would just call in his friends that hacked the systems.