A question I haven't found the answer to

Why is there no rioting being reported in Galveston, Houston and all along the Texas gulf coast? Why are there not shots being fired at rescue helicopters? It seems that IKE has been pretty devastating, maybe we're just not seeing these reports yet?
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Maybe FEMA, Red Cross,and the others were actually able to be more responsive and more prepared this time around.
    A big part of the New Orleans rioting was due to weak preperation and rescue efforts.
    Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by climinthewall View Post
    Maybe FEMA, Red Cross,and the others were actually able to be more responsive and more prepared this time around.
    A big part of the Atlanta rioting was due to weak preperation and rescue efforts.
    BS perhaps it is because the culture is different there and for the most part law-abiding and they aren't a drain on society and riot at the drop of a hat like in some big folks in the big cities like LA or New Orleans.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by climinthewall View Post
    A big part of the Atlanta rioting was due to weak preperation and rescue efforts.
    I can understand people that become upset after some time without supplies etc. but, in New Orleans they were shooting at the people that were trying to bring the supplies, trying to perform rescues, long before 'some time' had passed. There were also beatings, rapes and other atrocities being committed before the last winds of Katrina had died down.
    I also don't understand how weak preparation and rescue efforts would force someone to steal tennis shoes, jewelry and big screen tv's.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

there were not riots in san diego with the fires the only people that died were illegals from mexico that tried to steal supplies and run back through the fire into mexico lol.....the people in iowa told fema to get out and they would clean up their own mess new orleans were just sorry jackasses that didnt get out when they were told

and by the way does anyone see the correlation between new orleans and atlanta? wink wink lol

i stubbed my toe today why didnt george bush have that brick moved

I think it's mob mentality. It can happen anywhere (Detroit after the World Series, though admittedly, no rescue supplies were being brought).
    It's great to be alive and pumping oxygen!

Seems to me that if folks grow up believing that they are responsible for their own lives, they will just roll up their sleeves and 'get-er-done'...

However if folks grow up believing that everything is done 'against' them, and that they 'deserve' for someone to do everything for them... well they will gripe and fuss to no end if they have to lift a finger to take care of themselves...

What I do not understand is how it got that way (the latter)?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Give it a couple more generations to run its evolution, then how bad will it be...

detroit fits into the atlanta new orleans category