ERV with Exhaust Air

I have a Carrier variable speed air handler with a single stage condenser. It is being used in an office space. The office space has three bathrooms that are pulling exhaust air. The engineer now wants to use a residential ERV or HRV(permeable membrane type) to bring in outside air while utilizing the exhaust air to precool the outside air. Can you use exhaust air in this type of ERV??

What is your climate? TB
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

Quote Originally Posted by dieselness84 View Post
    I have a Carrier variable speed air handler with a single stage condenser. It is being used in an office space. The office space has three bathrooms that are pulling exhaust air. The engineer now wants to use a residential ERV or HRV(permeable membrane type) to bring in outside air while utilizing the exhaust air to precool the outside air. Can you use exhaust air in this type of ERV??
    I'm a homeowner but pretty sure the answer is yes. In cold climates a HRV has earned good reputation for saving energy while maintaining good ventilation... in a humid climate such as my S.Texas I think the humidity transfer looks very undesirable. Maybe only half as bad as opening a window but that still can be bad. When humidity is a big concern I myself like the dehumidifier approach to ventilation, it does have an energy cost to operate but it can deliver dry air for ventilation and an ERV cannot do nearly so well. Where are you writing from?

Hope this helps -- Pstu

yes, it is not like they are showering all the time in an office bathroom

must be small bathrooms though, residential ERV be about 180 CFM or so.