Trane Tracer Help

I have a church that we do pm and service on and recently, I ran into a issue with a Tracer mp580/mp581 panel. The church has a override button on the wall so when they have a function that's not on the schedule, they can override the system to occ without going into the panel.

That leads me to my problem. I have two ahu's with dx cooilng. When the override button is hit, only one of the ahu/cond enables to occ. But if I go into the override menu on the user interface, I can override the entire system one component at a time. Why won't the override button bring both ahu's up to run. This system has been in place for 5 years and never had this problem before. Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

And yes I did call tech support at my local Trane commercial office. But it seems like everytime I call for something over there, they are never at the phone. Kinda of hard to solve a problem in the field when tech support doesn't exist half the time. And when and if they do call, it's never when i'm on site.

There should be a zone sensor with over-ride for each AHU.
    Does the BCU have a touch sceen?
    Beware of the prophet trying to make a profit.

There is less oxygen from knee level to the floor! Check it out next time you tie your boots.

There is one overrride sensor that brings on both air handlers for the church. In the past, when the button was pressed, both air handlers would come on line. There is a touchscreen on the Mp580 but I have gone through everything I can get to and cannot get the second air handler to come online without manually overriding it in the touchscreen.

can I help?

It's hard to say what the override button was wired too. I imagine from what you posted that a button was wired to a UI that when closed then started both units through code. Are both units tied to the 581? or do they have their own controllers and the 581 is doing some other stuff? maybe a bad relay to the second unit? If you are in the socal area and since you said it was a church I would be ok with helping out anyway I could.

Cheers,
    Matt
    tudormatt@yahoo.com

Im in MI. Both ahu's go to the mp581. I thought that I may ahve a bad output but I can go into the overrride section and bring it on manually. So the output is working. But when it is manually brought into occ-bypass mode, only one comes online. It is probably something simple. But sometimes those are the hardest to find.

the Override you are looking at on the 581 is only for the points which are under control of that 581, and are typically for individual outputs.
    You would have to go to the BCU to override a "Area" or possibly a schedule to bring multiple units into a occupied mode.
    Do you have access to Summit?

I do not have access to Summit. I went into the override menu in the BCU and can bring it on but it won't bring both Ahu's at the same time. Previously, when the override button was pressed, both ahu's would come online.

Sounds like this is what's happening...
    The thermostat override is set up in Summit to bring on only 1 AHU, so Summit tells the 580/581 to bring on 1 AHU.
    But when you use the touch screen overrides, the 580/581 is working sort of independently from the BCU..so you can bring on whatever you like (as long as it's programmed in the MP), independent of whatever summit is calling for. Confusing enough? You need to get someone out there to look at Summit!

He states that it was working before with both overrides. If i were programming this i would make the override local in the mp580, using the occupancy block and the input set to the timed override. But who knows maybe that office went back to the area.

Either you have a output overriden at the panel, check to make sure you dont see any "Release override" button on any of the outputs in the 580 touch screen. If its back at summit either the area member check box for timed override has been disabled, or it is overriden there. If its not my first suggestion with checking outputs, then you are going to need someone out there with summit.

Make sure that the bop isn't in override from summit to be off(for your fan stop start) make sure area control has ahold of it .is this a cv or a vav system. if it is a vav system make sure the minimum airflow requirement is met by the boxes to occupy the fan member i.e. all your boxes associated to that ahu are occupied. Does the ahu come on with the schedule? is the area in heat or cool and the ahu assigned as the wrong type you really need to have a systems tech look at this could be simple could be painful

If you don't have access to Summit, does somebody at the church? If the override button is wired to the same 580/581 that controls both units, than the problem could be in controller, or in Summit if they are using it as a TOV initiator for the area. It's hard to say without seeing how the system is setup.