Rate my New Carrier Installation... - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Hopefully they used vanes in the return drop where it connects to the air filter.
    Power humidifiers, don't work real well installed on the return.
    In order to add moisture to the air, they need heat. And there isn't a lot of heat in the return air.
    As others have said, pump up under the outdoor unit would be nice to protect it against snow accumilation.
    Canvas would be nice, and is actually a code. But may not be enforced in your area.

Other then the humidifier on the return drop, and no pump ups under the outdoor unit, I didn't see anything terible.
    He advised me that the humidifier works better on the supply side, the only problem was the clearance to actually place one over there. My only other choice was to mount on the return side.

BTW, the humidifier is connected with the HOT water line. I do understand what you're saying though, thanks for the insight...

Did he tie into hot or cold line

Quote Originally Posted by MikeC78 View Post
    He advised me that the humidifier works better on the supply side, the only problem was the clearance to actually place one over there. My only other choice was to mount on the return side.

BTW, the humidifier is connected with the HOT water line. I do understand what you're saying though, thanks for the insight...

Manufactor says that it is alright to tie into R/A, use hot water for better absorbtion ratio.
    Do it right the first time.

Here is a manual

Attachment 9171[QUOTE=beenthere;1993455

Page 9 or 10
    Last edited by 21degrees; 09-19-2008 at 02:22 AM.
    Do it right the first time.

[QUOTE=21degrees;1993530]Attachment 9171[QUOTE=beenthere;1993455

Page 9 or 10[/QUOTE]

It's not working for me... However, I did read the installation instruction for the humidifier and it is fine to use to on the return as long as HOT water is supplied.

[QUOTE=MikeC78;1993537]
    Quote Originally Posted by 21degrees View Post
    Attachment 9171

It's not working for me... However, I did read the installation instruction for the humidifier and it is fine to use to on the return as long as HOT water is supplied.
    Hooked to the hot water line it will work ok.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

[QUOTE=21degrees;1993530]Attachment 9171[QUOTE=beenthere;1993455

Page 9 or 10[/QUOTE]
    Thanks for the PDF.
    Contractor locator map

I have always had my humdifier on my return drop and with hot water inlet and has work good as I also do not have enough room to install it on the supply side unless I go with a steam type, but that will happen when this one is out of order. With your HP you definately need them to put legs on your unit, my Installer show me the unit I will be getting next spring and the legs are about 6"-8" tall and as the others mentioned is for allowing the snow melt to melt and drop out the bottom of the HP, without the legs you maybe in serious trouble so before the snow flies I would have them put the legs on, They come with the HP so I can't imagine why they wouldn't put them on ?? I am sure you paid for them with the price of the HP so I wouldn't let them charge you again for the legs.

Quote Originally Posted by DanW13 View Post
    I have always had my humdifier on my return drop and with hot water inlet and has work good as I also do not have enough room to install it on the supply side unless I go with a steam type, but that will happen when this one is out of order. With your HP you definately need them to put legs on your unit, my Installer show me the unit I will be getting next spring and the legs are about 6"-8" tall and as the others mentioned is for allowing the snow melt to melt and drop out the bottom of the HP, without the legs you maybe in serious trouble so before the snow flies I would have them put the legs on, They come with the HP so I can't imagine why they wouldn't put them on ?? I am sure you paid for them with the price of the HP so I wouldn't let them charge you again for the legs.
    Thanks for the response. I wish they did put legs on the heat pump, but now that means they have to re-run a new line set. I guess if it causes problems then it's in the hands of them, and that they'll have to fix it if something happens to it. I sure in the heck am not going to pay later for a mistake that they did during the install.

Thanks for the response. I wish they did put legs on the heat pump, but now that means they have to re-run a new line set. I guess if it causes problems then it's in the hands of them, and that they'll have to fix it if something happens to it. I sure in the heck am not going to pay later for a mistake that they did during the install.
    I don't know why they would need to replace the line set. They could just add on to the lines there, change the dryer and get the unit off the ground. Whatever they do, it needs to be done as it could cause problems with drainage and ruin the heat pump. I would get it fixed before winter. Legs don't come with our units, we purchace pump ups, but they may come with Carrier.
    Its a good Life!

You better get it elevated now, if ice builds up on the coil it's major surgery time.
    And it will happen at the worst time.

Quote Originally Posted by captube View Post
    You better get it elevated now, if ice builds up on the coil it's major surgery time.
    And it will happen at the worst time.
    Now I'll have to call them back and convince them to raise it up. I'd just hate to chop and add lines with a nice run already. Now I'm trying to figure out if they have ever installed a heat pump before? This really sucks...

I don't know why people can't see pics? Email me and I'll send them to you.

cvetanma at yahoo dot com

I'm surprised nobody said anything about your email address being publicly posted, should remove.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy37 View Post
    I'm surprised nobody said anything about your email address being publicly posted, should remove.
    They don't seem to mind if its posted like that.
    They don't want it as a link.
    Contractor locator map

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast