Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JKopp View Post
    Looks good.

If you want to tear it apart the outdoor electrical whip is missing a wall clamp within 12" of the disconnect (this is code).

Nice job otherwise they even installed the refrigerant filter drier in the proper location next to the indoor coil.
    He didn't want to mess with it, I told him I need to replace the breaker and lines anyway. He just reused the old one...

BTW, why would you need to tear it apart to use a wall clamp?

I bet it looks good but can't see the pics.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeC78 View Post
    He didn't want to mess with it, I told him I need to replace the breaker and lines anyway. He just reused the old one...

BTW, why would you need to tear it apart to use a wall clamp?
    LOL...

He meant, if you want to pick at little details.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Nice work on the line set...

Where are you out of? (I don't see legs under the outdoor unit)

100k furnace? That's a lot.. How big is the home?

Quote Originally Posted by mayguy View Post
    Nice work on the line set...

Where are you out of? (I don't see legs under the outdoor unit)

100k furnace? That's a lot.. How big is the home?
    I
    did ask about the legs, he said the ground level was high enough and not needed. Plus, the unit already looks gigantic on the side of the house.

I'm in Bloomington/Normal, IL. The house is about 2000 sq/ft without the basement.

I
    did ask about the legs, he said the ground level was high enough and not needed. Plus, the unit already looks gigantic on the side of the house.

I'm in Bloomington/Normal, IL. The house is about 2000 sq/ft without the basement.
    I'd watch that baby this winter... I have a very strong feeling you are going to get ice build up into the coil.

They do a Manual-J on the home? My guts say that furnace is way oversized.

I'd watch that baby this winter... I have a very strong feeling you are going to get ice build up into the coil.

They do a Manual-J on the home? My guts say that furnace is way oversized.
    Why would I get ice build up on the coil? I got about 5-quotes and load calced, they all called for 100,00btu size. Remember the 100,000 is the output HIGH, I bet it put out about 90,000 in real life.

Your gonna like the Infinity furnace, I to am wondering about the 100k for a 2000 sq ft. home, My home is about 1600 sq ft and I only have a Infinity 58MVC 60k for my house which is a 2 story. Is your home a Ranch with a big layout could be one reason, or just a typical ranch with basement for living space ? what type of insulation, windows thur out your house ? It won't be to long before you kick in the heat your will find out if it is oversized !!! What did they replace that unit with ?

Why would I get ice build up on the coil?
    When the snow build up around the unit, it will act like a dam in a way.. When it goes into defrost, the frost on the coil melts away down to the ground..

being there is snow on the ground the water has no where to go, and freeze up.. as this cycles happens over time, the water/ice is going to build up in to the unit, and then may split the coil since water expans when it freezes.

I have a 1,700 sq ft 68' home and only have 60k.

Quote Originally Posted by DanW13 View Post
    Your gonna like the Infinity furnace, I to am wondering about the 100k for a 2000 sq ft. home, My home is about 1600 sq ft and I only have a Infinity 58MVC 60k for my house which is a 2 story. Is your home a Ranch with a big layout could be one reason, or just a typical ranch with basement for living space ? what type of insulation, windows thur out your house ? It won't be to long before you kick in the heat your will find out if it is oversized !!! What did they replace that unit with ?
    I have a two story home, the sq/footage is about 2500 with the finished basement. Remember... I have the ICS 3-stage furnace, it's not a 100,000 single stage unit. I have the extra btu's if needed on an extra cold night. I also have a heat pump, so the majority of the time I'm not going to be using the furnace that much unless it really dips into the negatives.

When the snow build up around the unit, it will act like a dam in a way.. When it goes into defrost, the frost on the coil melts away down to the ground..

being there is snow on the ground the water has no where to go, and freeze up.. as this cycles happens over time, the water/ice is going to build up in to the unit, and then may split the coil since water expans when it freezes.

I have a 1,700 sq ft 68' home and only have 60k.

I'll have to ask about that... Thanks for the explanation. BTW, my old furnace was a 100,000 btu / 80% single stage Heil unit.

I have a two story home, the sq/footage is about 2500 with the finished basement. Remember... I have the ICS 3-stage furnace, it's not a 100,000 single stage unit. I have the extra btu's if needed on an extra cold night. I also have a heat pump, so the majority of the time I'm not going to be using the furnace that much unless it really dips into the negatives.
    Unfortunately. Too many comanies and people think that way also.

If your furnace is oversized, it won't go into third stage. Meaning you paid a lot of money for a 3 stage furnace that will only work as a 2 stage.
    It is not more efficient in first or second stage.

I didn't see where you said what size the heat pump is. Or what area your in.
    But your new furnace will need to move a lot more air then you old one did if they are the same size.

If you know how to test the static with your Infinty control, see what it is on high.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Unfortunately. Too many comanies and people think that way also.

If your furnace is oversized, it won't go into third stage. Meaning you paid a lot of money for a 3 stage furnace that will only work as a 2 stage.
    It is not more efficient in first or second stage.

I didn't see where you said what size the heat pump is. Or what area your in.
    But your new furnace will need to move a lot more air then you old one did if they are the same size.

If you know how to test the static with your Infinty control, see what it is on high.
    The heat pump is a 3-ton. I'm in central IL, I'll look into that statci check...

Do you know how to do a static check on the Infinity controller?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast