Thread: Trane Tracer help

Post Likes

Trane Tracer help

I have a church that we do pm and service on and recently, I ran into a issue with a Tracer mp580/mp581 panel. The church has a override button on the wall so when they have a function that's not on the schedule, they can override the system to occ without going into the panel.

That leads me to my problem. I have two ahu's with dx cooilng. When the override button is hit, only one of the ahu/cond enables to occ. But if I go into the override menu on the user interface, I can override the entire system one component at a time. Why won't the override button bring both ahu's up to run. This system has been in place for 5 years and never had this problem before. Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

And yes I did call tech support at my local Trane commercial office. But it seems like everytime I call for something over there, they are never at the phone. Kinda of hard to solve a problem in the field when tech support doesn't exist half the time. And when and if they do call, it's never when i'm on site.

Post Likes
    You could post this in the Controls section. Give you local Sales Office a chance, they are working hard and can't always wait for you to call. (Ever commissioned a couple hundred VAV's?)

Post Likes
    Thanks, I'll try to post it the controls section. It seems like every time I call they are never there.

Post Likes
    Check the "member's list" for the zone [point type 07] that includes your two units and make sure that both are "members". Make sure the override is the correct sensor for that zone. See if there are any PCL routines running and find out if they include that zone.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JRINJAX View Post
    Check the "member's list" for the zone [point type 07] that includes your two units and make sure that both are "members". Make sure the override is the correct sensor for that zone. See if there are any PCL routines running and find out if they include that zone.
    He said he's working with a MP 581, not Tracer 100!

To answer your question Marc, you're not going to be able to do much without the Rover service tool. You're going to need Rover to check the TGP in the MP.

Post Likes
    Thanks for the info. I was afraid of that. I have two calls into Trane and have not received a call back. We don't do a lot of Tracer work so I don't have a Rover tool. We do a lot of work with Tracker.

Post Likes
    Hate to say it but, you may have to pony up for a service call.

Unless Trane has a Controls service contract, then you should be able to get some assistance without a PO. Good Luck

Post Likes
    Do the right thing and sub out Trane to come take a look, then take a summit operator class for starters. Trane offices have them annually. Believe me Trane techs are online with tech support as well so do not feel like you don't know everything.

Post Likes
    More than likely you will need a Trane rep to check the system out for you. The Tracker panel is where you can set "members" as in a previous post. Tracer boards are not field serviceable unless by a Trane rep, where they have to be programmed for the exact type of use needed. That was my experience a couple of months ago where we thought we lost a Tracer MP503 board, but it was only the 24v power transformer to it. Later, the Tracker panel was vandalized, but we changed that out and set the "members" according to the equipment connected to the Tracker system.
    Psalm 51:10, 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in