Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo3006 View Post
    Don't lie to the man. Yes it will work and COOL fine. It just won't be a 13 seer. And if he gets an indoor unit with a TXV, I bet it works out to be a 12seer.

Dear homeowners........I feel sorry for you.

Back when 10 seer was common, just by adding a TXV got you a 12 system. But don't get all excited. A 10 seer cools just as well as an 11,12,13 seer. But it may cost you, oh,, 5 or 10 bucks more a month.

And, at that rate, it will pay for the upgrade in......oh.....maybe around 2028!
    Before I address your post I want to say this is not personal, and please do not take it that way. Below, I am simply addressing a post. Having said that:

Well, it appears we have a new smart guy here, with a whopping 33 posts.

I have a question for you: Have you had a mis-matched system installed on your home? And lived with it? And paid the electric bill for it? If not, please do not be so quick to play king of the tech hill.

Yeah, sure, it will run and cool. But a mis-matched system with a smaller coil will be LESS than the SEER rating of the coil, and it will use WAAAY too much electricity.

And my product line will not warrant the equipment if it is installed in a mis-matched manor.

So you see, if it were me I would call that un-acceptable performance. And for me, if it is not a proper and acceptable installation... it does not work PROPERLY. And as such, if it does not perform as the manufacturer built it to, then it does not work.

Around my area, someone that would consciously do a mis-matched installation is generally called a hack...

If you want to mislead someone, that is your business. But as I said earlier: I have lived with each of these combinations on my home. I KNOW what happens.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Nothing approved by the insurance company yet. Latest fax to adjuster and most likely to be approved. Separated lowest bid from installers into inside and outside. Insurance to pay inside, and I pay for the compressor.

Moved up to 5 ton unit. AC ran from 8am until 7pm continuous to keep cool with 4 ton. Now with 4 trees formerly shading house sitting in a pile by the street I figured I could use the extra tonnage. No evaluation by installers.

York LX series HVAC,13 SEER. New series just out in sept. Mid grade between Low end Latitude and Upper end Affinity series. A little nervous about smaller size. Touts small footprint and Micro Channel coils.

Asked installer about upgrading from Base 80 AFUE single speed furnace to 95 AFUE variable. He says upgrade wouldn't pay for itself in our climes. I liked idea of Lifetime warranty instead of 20yrs. on heat exchanger with 95.

Researching whether evap has TEV (TXV?)

You can get a VS blower on an 80% also.(won't have lifetime HX warranty)
    VS blowers help with humidity.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Before I address your post I want to say this is not personal, and please do not take it that way.
    Why go easy? Ignorance combined with arrogance needs to be smacked hard.

I agree with your post.

Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by gary_g View Post
    Why go easy? Ignorance combined with arrogance needs to be smacked hard.

I agree with your post.

Take care.
    Why go easy? Good question... And in past years I probably would have posted a blunt enough post to either have it removed, or get an Email from a Mod.

But somewhere along the line I realized that I was every bit as arrogant in my younger days. Someone that gently yet firmly brought it to my attention (repeatedly) seemed to bring me to the point of some 'self evaluation'. On the other hand, the ones that just jumped on me, well it did not do much good at the time...

The other reason, and probably the bigger one is simple respect. I am (now) a strong believer in respecting a person, even if I disagree with their behavior. Tempering a 'rebuke' to stay within those guidelines seems to produce better results than 'going after someone' that needs a little attitude adjustment.

Besides, all I would get out of ripping the gentleman a new waste disposal port would be a good feeling that lasted a short time. But the potential damage to relationships lasts a lot longer (even my attitude would get a bit lofty if I ripped a lot of those ports).

SOOO, IMO it is better to show respect for the person, while offering a 'rebuke' of behavior.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12