help with musty mildew smell

Hi I'm new to this site. I'm coming here because i'm running out of ideas at my house. The problem is we have a musty dirty smell coming from our vents in house. My wife thought origannlly that one time she changed the filter for ac unit and it was real dirty, after that is when we noticed the smell from vents. So we proceded to get a heating and ac company to come in and do a service on unit inside and outside. We also had another guy from their company come and do a duct cleaning with a huge vacum type machine. Still we can smell this smell in vents. I notice the smell in my basment the most, we have a room that has like a fake wood material for the walls this is where it smells the strongest. I run a dehumidifer downstairs and set it to 45%. I put the dehumidfer in the room with fake wood wall and got almost no water in the dehumidefer..The company that came to do both services for me even said we don't have a lot of mositure in the house. Does anyone have any ideas of what the problem could be?.... PLEASE ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED. Thanks

"Dirty Sock Syndrome". Google these words for more info.

The indoor coil and condensate drain pain may need to be cleaned and disinfected.

Do you have a p-trap on the a/c condensate drain?

You mention a basement so I'm assuming there is no crawl space under the house where ducts are run.

Good luck.

Get a real %RH meter-WalMart/Radio Shack. Moisture intruding behind finishes walls will cause mold in the wall. Pull electrical covers on wall and smell.
    Operate your fan in the "on" mode to thoroughly dry out your ducts/cooling coil for a few days. You want <50%RH throughout the space. Fresh air ventilation is also important. Regards TB
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

I would not make any more investments until an air test is performed.

Find a local contractor that can perform an Air-Advice test ----- then your contractor can start to narrow down possible solutions.