Trane VAV UCM 4.2

I have a problem on this box and there is no front end to look at the system. What trane software can I use to access this controller. I want to look at the setpoints/parameters etc and not sure if I have to do any program editing.
    UA Local 141

Rover

You need Rover Service tools and a connector kit
    Law Of The Thermostat: He who has the thermostat wins!!!!!

Thank you
    UA Local 141

Quote Originally Posted by berg2666 View Post
    I have a problem on this box and there is no front end to look at the system. What trane software can I use to access this controller. I want to look at the setpoints/parameters etc and not sure if I have to do any program editing.
    To be a little more specific, you need Rover with COMM-4 hardware kit. Rover has two hardware options, COMM-4 and Comm-5(LON).

The other option is to use an older DOS software & hardware package called 'Everywhere' (it's been discontinued). To use Everywhere on a UCM 4.2 you will need version 1.35

Hope this helps.

Knobber

Comm 5 is LON and comm4 is (trane proprietary)?
    UA Local 141

Yes comm4 is trane proprietary

Choose your computer wisely. Once your copy of Rover is installed it phones home and locks it to that computer.

If you are having problems with the box its not likely to be a programming issue. If it is an older box (Varitrac) it is more than likely a drive problem. There are three wires that hook up to the controller. Common, open, close. You can take the open /close drive wires off the board and touch the open wire to the common. Vice versa for closed. Make sure the end switches are making and that they kill the motor. Most of the time I am asked to work on a TRANE box this is usually the issue. Or those POS Erie actuators they use for reheat control.

Quote Originally Posted by gbfromsd View Post
    Choose your computer wisely. Once your copy of Rover is installed it phones home and locks it to that computer.
    You can transfer rover to any computer but you can't have it on more than one without buying more than one copy its that whole copyright thing you know god forbid the manufacturer charge money for things they make we shouldn't be allowed to make money only contractors and service company's huh

Quote Originally Posted by gbfromsd View Post
    Dell works best with Trane Software. Without all the extra junk on it.

Quote Originally Posted by GONFISHN View Post
    If you are having problems with the box its not likely to be a programming issue. If it is an older box (Varitrac) it is more than likely a drive problem. There are three wires that hook up to the controller. Common, open, close. You can take the open /close drive wires off the board and touch the open wire to the common. Vice versa for closed. Make sure the end switches are making and that they kill the motor. Most of the time I am asked to work on a TRANE box this is usually the issue. Or those POS Erie actuators they use for reheat control.
    Yup. And the little motors burn out regularly, and can be a pain to replace!

Just guessing, but if I were a betting man, I would say that this isn't a cone damper with the motor that has the end switches. The reason that I say that is the thread title says "UCM 4.2". All of the older cone dampers that I have seen are UCM 3 or 4.0. But I said betting, not saying that this is the case.

And you can move rover to another computer, maybe they give some people some grief, but I've never had a problem with it.