Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    36

    Bryant and Carrier...Really the Same Equipment

    The contractor said, they are the same piece of equipment. Even the part numbers are almost identical. Sometimes they have to take the Carrier sticker off and put a Bryant sticker on.

    Are they really identical ???


    Rick

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Naples, Fla.
    Posts
    1,403
    Drop dead identical.

    Often times they have different distributors that negotiate seasonal or geographical warranty deviations, rebates,etc.

    Why do they do it? Go figure. Why does Chey make Olds?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Last moon off of Pluto
    Posts
    49
    When we pick up a an Air Handler from our distributor the guys in the warehouse literally cut an access hole in the box and put the sticker on.

    No S

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Atlanta area
    Posts
    47
    These brand names that are really the same under the skin --- strikes me as an inefficient business model. Must be enough large profits in it to sustain and overcome it however. To say nothing of leaving consumers with the potentially false sense of getting something "special."

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Naples, Fla.
    Posts
    1,403
    I think you're a bit off thinking its the remarkable profits. In most cases its a calculated attempt at saturation in various market levels IE: new construction vs. retro fit. On the mfg side, it's all #'s.. if a mfg can produce twice as much (in relative terms) they can nearly cut their cost in half = captured profits.

    It's an old old program.... Rheem = Rudd, Carrier = Bryant = Day & Night = Payne, American Standard = Trane, Heil = Tempstar, etc etc

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Clemente, CA
    Posts
    1,069
    Could always get the Carrier the extra money (cost) goes to carrier marketing so you can see more carrier advertising.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    phoenix, arizona
    Posts
    1,117

    someone explain it to me this way.

    Normally there will be more than two distributor in town. Each distributor can have their exculsive territory.
    Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work." H.L. Hunt

    "In order that people may be happy in their work, these three things are needed: They must be fit for it. They must not do too much of it. And they must have a sense of success in it." John uskin

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Atlanta area
    Posts
    47
    And lemme tell ya, the Bryantman looks like he can take whatever territory he wants! http://www.bryant.com/about/bryantman/microsite.html

    Good thing he, and the entire company, and the separate distribution channel and sales force don't cost a dime to operate. It all must come from Bryantman's internal force.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Naples, Fla.
    Posts
    1,403
    Quote Originally Posted by deckeda View Post
    And lemme tell ya, the Bryantman looks like he can take whatever territory he wants! http://www.bryant.com/about/bryantman/microsite.html

    Good thing he, and the entire company, and the separate distribution channel and sales force don't cost a dime to operate. It all must come from Bryantman's internal force.
    Well - there you go, that was easy.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by highlifesipper View Post
    When we pick up a an Air Handler from our distributor the guys in the warehouse literally cut an access hole in the box and put the sticker on.

    No S
    I can tell you the condensing and furnace units have different casings on them, it's not as easy as just changing stickers. Heck, the colors of the units are different as well.

    If you put a Carrier Infinity and a Bryant Evolution system side by side, there is a difference in looks and colors besides just the sticker on them.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    36
    Thanks everyone, sounds like the contractor was being straight with me, without getting into the fine details.

    Rick

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Last moon off of Pluto
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeC78 View Post
    I can tell you the condensing and furnace units have different casings on them, it's not as easy as just changing stickers. Heck, the colors of the units are different as well.

    If you put a Carrier Infinity and a Bryant Evolution system side by side, there is a difference in looks and colors besides just the sticker on them.
    When we pick up an air handler......

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event