Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is soooo embarassing...

there I was, layed out on the floor in a 7-11... broomstick in hand, partly underneath a counter... looking for a lost part.

As a customer was getting himself a big gulp, he heard me saying to no one in particular: " I jus gotta find my nut!!!" I know its around here somewhere!"

So he replied: "hey buddy, I know what ya mean." And he quickly departed with his drink.

Then when I finally found my nut, it was stuck in a syrup spill up near the back wall.
    So now I'm squeezing between two machines and bending over to reach between the CO2 2 lines and syrup lines to try to find that lost nut.

And when I finally retreived it, I exclaimed: "I found my nut!!!" And this woman who was up at the counter making a purchase, when she saw me like that and heard those words... she looked at me kinda funny.

I recall saying something to the affect that its tough to lose one of your nuts, expecially when you only got four of them to begin with.

Of course, I was making referance to the big nuts on the face cover of a slurpee machine!

But by then, she was already out the front door. So she never heard just how many nuts I did have.

So be it...

I hate looking for my nuts when people are around... Thats why I keep extra nuts in my truck

Gotta be better than having a loose screw!

CW
    "I don't care what you could get it off the net for, they wont warranty it and neither will I"!

And if you don't like my "flat rate up front pricing" try and negotiate the price on that big mac you just bought pricing is exactly the same method!

SWEET!!!

My wife stores my nuts in her purse.

Hell mine are in a jar on the mantle but I get to take them out to play now and then

Thumbs up

Dose anyone remember Tryco supply on Sunrise Hwy (NY27)? Going back when they where still open like 15 years ago. They had bulls Nut's in a jar on the counter. I was 12 years old and was looking at this jar, and I asked what this? My dad and the counter guy GUY both said Bull B=-ls. Right then I know this was going to be a cool job!!
    Tin Knockers BANG for a living

Quote Originally Posted by fitter638nyc View Post
    Dose anyone remember Tryco supply on Sunrise Hwy (NY27)? Going back when they where still open like 15 years ago. They had bulls Nut's in a jar on the counter. I was 12 years old and was looking at this jar, and I asked what this? My dad and the counter guy GUY both said Bull B=-ls. Right then I know this was going to be a cool job!!
    You mean the counter Guy named "GUY". That was one crazy place, had some good prices on surplus stuff. Was more of a hang out than a supply house. I miss Traco Suffolk

Quote Originally Posted by R12rules View Post
    there I was, layed out on the floor in a 7-11... broomstick in hand, partly underneath a counter... looking for a lost part.

As a customer was getting himself a big gulp, he heard me saying to no one in particular: " I jus gotta find my nut!!!" I know its around here somewhere!"

So he replied: "hey buddy, I know what ya mean." And he quickly departed with his drink.

Then when I finally found my nut, it was stuck in a syrup spill up near the back wall.
    So now I'm squeezing between two machines and bending over to reach between the CO2 2 lines and syrup lines to try to find that lost nut.

And when I finally retreived it, I exclaimed: "I found my nut!!!" And this woman who was up at the counter making a purchase, when she saw me like that and heard those words... she looked at me kinda funny.

I recall saying something to the affect that its tough to lose one of your nuts, expecially when you only got four of them to begin with.

Of course, I was making referance to the big nuts on the face cover of a slurpee machine!

But by then, she was already out the front door. So she never heard just how many nuts I did have.

So be it...
    My life is one long series of humiliatons. Pray for me please. I live another day, I am humiliated further.

Me too Guy was at Johnstone in Farmingdale till about 4 years ago when he moved to NJ.
    Tin Knockers BANG for a living

That story just crack me up! I have the same problem as r12rules, I tend to just speak out-loud to myself. I can relate. As terrible as it is, I am still laughing.

I still do this from time to time... pittiful isnt it!?

I am wondering if you raised animals. Folks who work around animals tend to talk to themselves, talking calms the animals and in the case of horses they know where you are and not just your disposition. I raised animals as a child but I guess I will never break the habit of ''thinking-out-loud'''.

Thanks for the post r12rules, that was a real hoot I can relate to!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast