Alerton Envision - Duplicate Device

I just set up a new computer with Envision and when I connect to the system it comes up with a duplicate device instance. The duplicate device is the Envision front end. I went in and tried changing the device instance for the front end and it came back with a duplicate device instance with the new device instance. What is odd is one device has a mac address that reads all 0's. Anyone have any insight? Thanks

DW

Is this an existing system or new installation? At "first glance" it appears you have another workstation connected OR a controller installed that has not been addresses through its MAC address dip switches yet.

Thanks to all who answered my email as well as responsed on the forum. I have not gotten back to that school yet as it is working except for the duplicate device. However today we had another school that had the same problem but was running BacTalk instead of Envision. We had a BTI that was suspected being bad and since there was only 1 trunk being used we switched it out to a BTI-100. That corrected the problem. It does not make sense because the BTI IP address is different than the computer and the duplicate device was indicating that there were two Bactalk workstations, one with a valid mac address and the other with a mac address of all 0's. Any ideas??? I have a BTI to replace on the Envision site next week and I'll see if that clears it up.

DW

RE: Alerton Envision - Duplicate Device

Are you using BBMD tables? If you have IP addresses I'd assume you are. Is there a chance you have an error in one or all of them? I've only seen this myself on jobsites I've accidentally configured incorrectly.