Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

email alarm enlightenment...

I have an email escalation alarm in use. In testing I am having trouble with it picking up that initial alarm has been acknowledged. Is there something special that needs to be typed into the reply to email? I have tried to look in the help files for ax, but I cant find the help file for the help file??
    He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask any questions is a fool forever.

I think I just answered my own question...I would need an incoming account wouldnt I. hahaha. I am an idiot. Just making sure you guys hear from me every once in awhile.
    He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask any questions is a fool forever.

ok, i can now send an email to my jace. But, is there something specific i need to type into the body. I can pull it up and see that it receives the email, but it still does not ack alarm. Any ideas?

<tumbleweed> cue corny western music...

Quote Originally Posted by smokeout View Post
    <tumbleweed> cue corny western music...
    Gotta ask, are you putting beer on your cornflakes as well???

sure. I was so excited that i actually had an answer, I did spew diet mountaint dew all over my laptop though. hehe. So is this even possible? Or are you saying that I have been delivered into a altered state of reality?

delivered into a altered state of reality?
    Hmmmm, way ahead of ya

But to be honest, I have yet to have to do that

I know its possible, time to consult the almighty "help" file

Bahahhahaha, I'll look, give me a few then..........

About alarm escalation

Alarm escalation is a feature that allows you to configure an alarm class so that unacknowledged alarms that are assigned to that class can be re-routed if they are not acknowledged within a specified amount of time. The following three levels of escalation are provided so that you can enable up to three opportunities to re-route an alarm notification as the alarm remains unacknowledged:

Escalation Level1

Escalation Level2

Escalation Level3

Figure 21. Escalation levels routed to three email recipients

Each level may be routed to a different alarm recipient, as shown in Figure 21, so that if an alarm remains unacknowlwedged long enough, it may be sent to as many as four different recipients (including the original recipient). However, if an alarm is acknowledged at any level, then it is not escalated to the next Level.

In addition to having an Enable property, each alarm escalation level has a Delay property that allows you to set the amount of time that you want to allow an alarm to remain at any level before it is moved to the next escalation level. Refer to About alarm class properties for more information about Alarm Class properties.

Escalation Level(n) Enable (where n is 1, 2, or 3)

Select the true or false option of this property to enable or disable escalation at this level.

Escalation Level(n) Delay (where n is 1, 2, or 3)

This property is the time since the alarm was generated until it is escalated. This is not the time between escalation levels. Set a time (in hours and minutes) that you want to allow an unacknowledged alarm to remain unacknowledged before you escalate it to the next level. One minute is the smallest increment that you can set for escalation level delay.

Hmmm,,

Perhaps add a station recipient and then route that to the email recipient, just a guess here. I think I might have to actually play with this one to be sure....

Digo, might know

I have been to all other forums and help files and have found nothing on this... Thanks for your help. If you find out how to do it lemme know.

smokeout, are you talking about the ability to acknowledge an alarm by sending an e-mail back to the jace? I'm not sure I understand the question (got mixed up with escalation).

open up your program palette, there's a sample program in the templates folder to do this.
    Also, there's a program object being shared on niagara-central by gjohnson, that allows other commands to be sent to a jace via e-mail.

yes. I need to halt email escalation by acknowledging that alarm has been received by a email being sent back to jace.

I have never used that pallete before, but that looks like the rabbit I need to run. Thank you much.

Digo knew

I just found out the same from another source, hmmm, email a coming

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast