Pilot proving before Prepurge

I have an issue that I'd like to rectify and was hoping for some comments. I have a Quattro that proves pilot before prepurging which is causing the board to time out before the pressure switch gets a chance to close. No crack in the heat exchanger and the pressure switch is good. I also checked for any seal issues in the draft motor assembly and box and all appears fine. Current PS is .52" of WC and I'm thinking of reducing that to solve the issue. Any comments or suggestions?

Nope!
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

read the site rules and repost in the proper area!!!

He can't, he doesn't have enough post ot apply for pro membership yet.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    He can't, he doesn't have enough post ot apply for pro membership yet.
    Thanks beenthere. I believe this post puts me at the minimum so I will apply for Pro but in the meantime I still have this issue.

Not familar with the Quattro myself.

But, if .52" is what the factory PS is suppose to be. I wouldn't use a different one, without consulting the factory.

I would also check to see what pressure its sensing. The PS may be doing its job, and protecting the unit from a serious hazzard.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Not familar with the Quattro myself.

But, if .52" is what the factory PS is suppose to be. I wouldn't use a different one, without consulting the factory.

I would also check to see what pressure its sensing. The PS may be doing its job, and protecting the unit from a serious hazzard.
    The factory (Consolidated Ind) no longer exists. The Quattro was designed to prove pilot before prepurge which doesn't allow enough time for it to get up to speed. It actually will go to full fire on the 3rd tryout due to their being residual pressure built up by then.