Thread: new station

new station

I have been trying to open a new station in FX workbench (pro 1.2)
    I go, tools, new station, enter station name, enter password and confirm,
    next according to the rather vague instructions, I should see a start station dialog box ,but I dont get one coming up, instead I see a config.bog file. It looks like I should be entering a station name, but when I type nothing happens. I have tried to save the station at this point, I right click on the bog file action save a window pops up and says cannot invoke command.

I have spent all of my home work time on the FX16 15 and other controllers this is my first serious attempt at FX workbench.
    I am finding it to be very beginner unfriendly
    any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

You need to Start your station.

Go to Platform on your PC Station , application director, Pick your Station you created and hit start.

Then go back to FX-Pro and try to open it.

Thanks freddy, I will tackle this some more tomorrow

This helped me, even though I'm using the Tridium/AX product:
    The Platform is the FX's operating system (something like Windows)
    The Station is the Program operating on top of or (within) the Platform that you create/configure logic and other capabilities.
    So, you have to start the platform to start a station. You can't start Internet Explorer without starting Windows, right?
    BTW, don't forget to stop the platform when done, or it'll use up resources in your PC. To make sure, go CTL/ALT/DEL/programs, check for a Station.exe that's running. If so, you've got an FX platform still running.
    Am I right with my FX ASSumptions, Freddie?
    jogas

I managed to get the station running,I spent the day blundering my way through this stuff, after I got the station running I was at a loss as to what to do next, so I added an NDIO network and tried to bring in some points from a test APD I made, could not get them in.We are installing an FX20, a couple of FX07 and maybe a 15 on this job.Any more suggestions as to what to do next would be great!PS  this weekend was a good learning experience for me, starting to understand the terminology a little more ..thanks for the tips jogas!Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hvt View Post
    I managed to get the station running,I spent the day blundering my way through this stuff, after I got the station running I was at a loss as to what to do next, so I added an NDIO network and tried to bring in some points from a test APD I made, could not get them in.We are installing an FX20, a couple of FX07 and maybe a 15 on this job.Any more suggestions as to what to do next would be great!PS* this weekend was a good learning experience for me, starting to understand the terminology a little more ..thanks for the tips jogas!Thanks
    The NDIO network is disabled by default. Go to the property sheet and enable it.

I now have an NDIO network tried to add an NDIO board, the user guide says I should see a discovered board in the top pane of the board manager but as soon as I add a board, it shows up in the bottom pane with no UI DI or AO counts...?

If I remember right, you right-click on the NDIO Board(?) in the tree to bring up the NDIO Points Manager and there you can click on Discover to see the points and then Add whatever points you want to your Database.
    Don't forget to set up the sensor properties correctly or you'll find out fast
    Good luck,
    Last edited by jogas; 09-21-2008 at 12:33 PM.
    Jogas
    Four wheel therapy, my 1968 Camaro is gone and will be missed