+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: End of the line for the NAE?

Post Likes
    Hi Vortech,
    I appreciate your positive feedback. As the old saying goes: been there done that. I will try to bring you up to speed after a 1 1/2 years of posting. Which from almost the get go (with my over 25 years of experience in the controls industry serving as the commisioning agent for the school district where I work) I could see I would be working with a factory branch that really belonged in the Barnum and Bailey Circus..They were full of every trick in the book. As I told the project manager (Actually a want to be Project Manager)shortly after the job started,(And he never listened or cared) if you put the type of energy you put in to making up lies on why you can't keep pace with the project. you would be the so much further ahead, of course this never happen. I have contacted corporate several times. They are also a joke. All they do is pawn off back to the worthless branch manager. Your right about hiring someone else, If I was the money man where I work that would been done at least 1 1/2 years ago....

Thanks for understanding,
    Chet

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortech View Post
    I have heard alot on how great Jace is and I am interested in knowing and learning a new product, the more I know the more valuable I am. so learning never stops for me my knowledge base now covers: JCI,Seimens, Andover and steefa I can design,program and commision these systems, with 20 years in the controls field I feel safe saying: although not perfect the NAE product is not as bad as many of you make it out to be.
    I can't quite make out what you're talking about with the non-standard naming/LON stuff. If it's difficult to do LON with a Nae, it's the Nae, not LON.

Now BACcrap, well, that's BACcrap.

Can I assume that you will niether confirm, nor deny the AX rumor?

Post Likes

NAE Gone? NAH!!!

My company is an independent and we have installed +-150 NAE/NCE's. There were more issues in the beginning than there are now and with software rev's coming out about every 6 months things have gotten progressively better. I am trained in the new FEC controller line and have no problems with other vendors MS/TP controllers on the bus at the same time. I have also done BACnet over IP and have had no issues other than making sure the settings are correct on both devices.

I can tell by the previous posts that some hand-tool out there is trying to get a rise out of us all,but other than some bugs(that all manufacturers have) or just bad programming(which no manufacturer can protect us all from) it's been a good line for us.

Practice makes perfect!!

Post Likes
    BUZZ man,,,,,,,,

BUZZ being the keyword here

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzman View Post
    My company is an independent and we have installed +-150 NAE/NCE's. There were more issues in the beginning than there are now and with software rev's coming out about every 6 months things have gotten progressively better. I am trained in the new FEC controller line and have no problems with other vendors MS/TP controllers on the bus at the same time. I have also done BACnet over IP and have had no issues other than making sure the settings are correct on both devices.

I can tell by the previous posts that some hand-tool out there is trying to get a rise out of us all,but other than some bugs(that all manufacturers have) or just bad programming(which no manufacturer can protect us all from) it's been a good line for us.

Practice makes perfect!!
    It's amazing how often I hear JCI talk about bugs, and how everyone has them, and how it's bad programming (with the implication that it was non-JCI personnel that hosed it up).

I think you're trying to blow some smoke about how great the Naes are. If you're not part of a JCI branch, why aren't you using FXs?

Do you know that JCI is not going to AX or just hoping they won't?

Post Likes

Practice makes perfect!!

How long have you been in the biz buzzboy?

EDIT: OH ....I see 23 years. Excusing uninformed youth is one thing. Will the real Tool please stand up!
    Last edited by freddy-b; 09-16-2008 at 04:03 AM.

Post Likes
    Hmmm. Ninax, This may be the second time I've heard something like this...

Post Likes
    There were more issues in the beginning than there are now and with software rev's coming out about every 6 months things have gotten progressively better.
    How dare you!

Don't you know where you are!
    IlovemyjobIlovemyjobIlovemyjob....say it with me now!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by x-wrenchturner View Post
    How dare you!

Don't you know where you are!
    Its ok X, the old guard does not want to play anymore. Bring in the New.

Post Likes

Raging D-bags

I'm not an ex-jci employee. We've had the line since late 2003,long before the fx line came out. I didn't say it was all bad programming,hand tools.

Post Likes
    Chet,
    What is your site?

<email address removed>

Please refrain from putting email addresses in your post. If needed, there is a section in your "UserIP" just for this. Thank you
    Last edited by Dad; 09-16-2008 at 12:50 PM. Reason: email

Post Likes
    Email address's

Belong in your profiles! Please do not put them in posts as this attracts more and more spybots. This only slows the site.

It's great that you are sharing information, but PLLLLLLLLLLEASE put your email addresses in your profiles.

Thank you!

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=160646

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1241

Post Likes
    I'm not an ex-jci employee. We've had the line since late 2003,long before the fx line came out. I didn't say it was all bad programming,hand tools.
    Chill dude.

I was agreeing with your statement.
    IlovemyjobIlovemyjobIlovemyjob....say it with me now!

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Congratulations.

But what does that mean? Is it that your head is so far up your ass that's there no hope that you'll ever see light or breath fresh air again?

Are we to believe that just because you've been using them for 5 years, that they're as great as you say, and that everyone else who can't make them fly like a rocket, as you apparently do, is a dipsh!t? There's alot of JCI and non-JCI/ex-JCI people that probably would take you to task on that.

Rocket on.

Post Likes

Confused

I'm curious why it's believed that there might be an end to the NAE's. From my understanding, the JCI branches are now using the FEC BACnet MS/TP line with the intent (I'm assuming) of phasing out of new N2 controller installations. The NAE's are currently the only available supervisory level controller to host the FEC's...correct? Maybe Johnson is working on a new supervisory level product(s).

Any comments?

Thanks.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by NightrainATC View Post
    I'm curious why it's believed that there might be an end to the NAE's. From my understanding, the JCI branches are now using the FEC BACnet MS/TP line with the intent (I'm assuming) of phasing out of new N2 controller installations. The NAE's are currently the only available supervisory level controller to host the FEC's...correct? Maybe Johnson is working on a new supervisory level product(s).

Any comments?

Thanks.
    I heard some low level chatter about it.
    The AX / FX can handle MS/TP, so JCI could continue with that route.

Post Likes

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by NINAX View Post
    I heard some low level chatter about it.
    The AX / FX can handle MS/TP, so JCI could continue with that route.
    Wow. Technicians where I work have become extremely comfortable with the NAE's over the years. They have one FX40 installation which was recently replaced with a NAE.....I think it was a combination of the programming/configuration differences along with the end user's complaining about the difference in the front end interface (one of his buildings has a NAE and the other initially had a FX40).

I can see Johnson going the AX/FX route honestly though. If they did, how would they differentiate what they could sell on the supervisory level versus a ABCS?

Post Likes
    I can see Johnson going the AX/FX route honestly though. If they did, how would they differentiate what they could sell on the supervisory level versus a ABCS?

Think about it for a sec.....from a robber baron point of view!

Post Likes
    Wow. Technicians where I work have become extremely comfortable with the NAE's over the years. They have one FX40 installation which was recently replaced with a NAE.....I think it was a combination of the programming/configuration differences along with the end user's complaining about the difference in the front end interface (one of his buildings has a NAE and the other initially had a FX40).

By following the HW branch model. Call it a different name (like MSEA II or Metasys 4), restrict field controller availability and modify the NICs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in