Thread: Ductless Mini-split maximum tubing run?

Post Likes

Ductless Mini-split maximum tubing run?

I'm in the market for a ductless mini-split, and while looking around I found units at the orange box and the blue box with 23 feet of tubing, which makes me wonder:
    A) Is there a maximum length to the tubing on a split system? I need more like 100 feet to put the outside unit where I want it.
    B) is there something special about 23 feet? why not a nice round 25?
    C) Do I need an installer for this? I work maintenance and can do my own plumbing and electrical, but I'm not HVAC licensed or anything.

Post Likes
    Different manufacturers have various maximum runs. I'd doubt you'd get a warranty from a DIY install. Plus minis can be very technical and expensive to fix. I'd leave the big box store and have a contractor properly size and install what I wanted
    “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486 Instructor & Service Technician

Post Likes
    You need an installer. HVAC has a steep learning curve.
    https://www.hvac20.com/ High efficiency equipment alone does not provide home comfort and efficiency. HVAC2.0 is a process for finding the real needs of the house and the occupants. Offer the customer a menu of work to address their problems and give them a probability of success.

Find contractors with specialized training in combustion analysis, residential system performance, air flow, and duct optimization https://www.myhomecomfort.org/

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in