Source for York or Carrier furnaces

First post out of the blocks. Been perusing this site for a few weeks. Defintiely great info. I'm in the market for a new gas furnace. My neighbors brother has been a HVAC installer for 15 years or so. He's agreed to install a new furnace for me. However, I'm going to have to purchase the unit I want. My current furnace is 35 years old and when I was having some work done last year, the mechanic advised the thing was probably 50&#37; efficient and was wasting a boat load of cash heating our house. My current furnace is rated at 128k btu's. So I'm going to stay with the same in a single stage model and am looking at something at least 90% efficient. Any suggestions on a particular model and retailers/suppliers for either York or Carrier. They've been recommended by several sources and seem to be well liked on these boards. A google search wasn't real helpful. I also plan on installing a humidifier at the same time. Any suggestions or help is appreciated. I can also be reached at <removed> Thanks
    Rick
    Last edited by jrbenny; 09-12-2008 at 12:00 PM. Reason: email belongs in your profile

You obviously didn't peruse very well.

Nobody here is going to advise you on where to purchase a furnace so side job bob can install it for you.

Thread closed.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple BB View Post
    However, I'm going to have to purchase the unit I want.
    How are you going to do this? Most supply houses won't sell direct to a homeowner.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by jrbenny View Post
    You obviously didn't peruse very well.

Nobody here is going to advise you on where to purchase a furnace so side job bob can install it for you.

Thread closed.
    Side Job Bob. That's funny.

You're going to keep the 128kbtu size but in a 90%? Yep. I can see that boat load of cash just sailing your way.