Charlie Gibson interview...did anyone SEE it?

I didn't know when it was on but I've been reading excerpts here:
    http://www.abcnews.go.com/Politics/V...5782924&page=1
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Saw most of it. She did fine, she gave some typical politician responses that don't really answer the question, but didn't make any gaffs that I noticed. I doubt that it helped or hurt.

From the transcript I can't tell, did she "um, uh, er" it out as Obama painfully does or did she speak as if she didn't have a sssstttutter she was trying to fix?
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    From the transcript I can't tell, did she "um, uh, er" it out as Obama painfully does or did she speak as if she didn't have a sssstttutter she was trying to fix?
    It has been reported that Palin has caused Obama to change his speedh pattern. He stutters and hims and haws even more now to weight his words before saying them. Dosen't want to let out his true feelings any more by accident.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    No, not at all. She responded quickly and confidently, elaborated on her answers. She's very good in this setting.

Watching the presidential forum now. Obummer's himming and hawing as usual.

McCain answered quickly with no pauses. He's doesn't speak with the fervor that Obama does, but he did very well and it's obvious that he knows his stuff.

Gotta give McCain his due there. He has been around the block.
    "Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better"
    -Pat Riley

I thought Palins answers were to be expected with no suprises.
    She seemed very nervous and not very self assured.

Quote Originally Posted by whec720 View Post
    Gotta give McCain his due there. He has been around the block.
    You can tell by listening to him that he doesn't have to think about these questions, he knows his job so well it's second nature to him and the answers just roll of his tongue with no hesitation.

Quote Originally Posted by k_fridge View Post
    You can tell by listening to him that he doesn't have to think about these questions, he knows his job so well it's second nature to him and the answers just roll of his tongue with no hesitation.
    I agree. I've watched him question the commanders in Armed Services Committee hearings and he has them stumbling over their words because he is so supremely prepared and knowledgeable.
    He'd be about a good a president as we have ever had on anything concerning military matters.